Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

MGM Again: The Greatest Tom & Jerry?

Offline Blystone

It's my candidate, anyway, for the peak of the series. For several reasons, but mostly because the visuals and the music are both absolutely gorgeous. It's also a departure from the standard formula, being really a "Jerry cartoon" with Tom hardly appearing at all.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjKCFvwL9BA&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jjKCFvwL9BA&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0</a>

You can consider this my apology for inflicting "Rooty Toot Toot" on an innocent audience.

Offline Curly4444

How the hell can you pick a fav, there all good. I guess ill go with this one:

[youtube=425,350]c5PDsgxHu1I[/youtube]

Offline Blystone

How the hell can you pick a fav, there all good.

I'm sure my choice has something to do with my being a native New Yorker. When you see all the detailed backgrounds in "Mouse In Manhattan," they're completely accurate: Grand Central, the Empire State Building, the George Washington Bridge (which was brand-new at the time), and others. That took a lot of time end effort— and money. But it was worth it, because here we have a T&J that looks every bit as good as a Disney production from the same era. Also, Scott Bradley's musical score is heavily influenced by George Gershwin, and I'm a big Gershwin fan.

There's also one of those "naughty" gags here that somehow got past the censors: when Jerry is floating along in the gutter and he looks up at the women standing on the curb, he's getting a view up their dresses!

There are of course other entries in the series that are faster-paced and have wilder action, but this one has charm.

Offline Curly4444

That makes sense. Mouse in Manhattan still had some good stuff. Its was faster paced than the the Hollywood Bowl or The Cat Concerto.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I have always liked "Cat Fishin" the best. All the fast paced gags with Tom, Jerry And Spike.   My favorite part is where Spike is chasing Tom around the pier and tries to balance himself from falling in and
Tom kicks him in the behind to knock him in.  "You can picture the Stooges doing this same routine" The whole cartoon (someone post please to review) is like I said fast paced and every scene is very funny.