Offline falsealarms

1989 news report:

[youtube=425,350]64weR5AKoRw[/youtube]

Offline afcomser

I thought that was little rascals.
Well Open The Door Squirrel Bait!!

Offline OldFred

I thought that was little rascals.

Our Gang is the original title of the series. Hal Roach retitled the series 'The Little Rascals' when he re-distributed the series and it went into television syndication.

Offline Boid Brain

They forgot to mention Darla, who was stalked and killed in her 30's. (If memory serves) Last I heard, Butch and Spanky and Jackie were the only living Rascals....is this still correct?

Offline falsealarms

Even Pete the Pup met a bad fate... poisoned.

Offline falsealarms

They forgot to mention Darla, who was stalked and killed in her 30's. (If memory serves) Last I heard, Butch and Spanky and Jackie were the only living Rascals....is this still correct?

Darla died at 47. Per IMDB, "She died in 1979 of heart failure under rather odd and mysterious circumstances at a North Hollywood hospital after contracting acute hepatitis following a relatively minor operation. Buried at Hollywood Memorial Park Cemetery, she was only 47."

Butch (Tommy Bond) died in 2005.

Spanky (George MacFarland) died in 1993.

Jackie (Jackie Cooper) is alive.

Surviving members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Gang_personnel#Surviving_cast_members

Offline 7stooges

Obviously, there is no real curse. The fact that a handful of the Our Gang kids died rather tragically is just a coincidence. E! True Hollywood Stories also did a documentary on the so-called 'curse' a few years back. Some of the more recent tragedies include the deaths of Waldo (Darwood Kaye), who was killed by a hit and run driver, and Jay R. Smith, who was tragically murdered by a homeless man whom he had befriended.

However, this documentary pays a more light-hearted tribute to the cast:

Offline Boid Brain

Darla died at 47. Per IMDB, "She died in 1979 of heart failure under rather odd and mysterious circumstances at a North Hollywood hospital after contracting acute hepatitis following a relatively minor operation. Buried at Hollywood Memorial Park Cemetery, she was only 47."

Butch (Tommy Bond) died in 2005.

Spanky (George MacFarland) died in 1993.

Jackie (Jackie Cooper) is alive.

Surviving members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Gang_personnel#Surviving_cast_members Of course, Robert Blake! And Dickie Moore. The rest on that huge list I don't know....exept the Hickman Boys, whom I don't recall ever seeing on a Rascals short.