Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Swear Word uttered in "The Yokes on Me"?

· 64 · 34147

Offline Hammond Eggar

Let's not forget the 1962 feature film, The Three Stooges in Orbit.  Emil Sitka plays a professor who has created a special machine which is three-parts submarine, helicopter and tank.  There's a scene in the film in which he's trying to decide on a name for the contraption.  As he begins spouting out various word combinations, his final one is "The What-in-the-Hella. . ."  As he says it, he catches himself and appears slightly embarrassed.  By the 1960s, the word 'hell' didn't have quite the sting that it did back in the 1930s and '40s.  That said, the films produced during the DeRita era were aimed at children, with much of the trio's cartoon violence dumbed-down.  So, it does put a bit of the sting back in this piece of dialogue.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Smaug

How many of you thought (like me) that "Giva Dam" on those maps was the ultimate in 'sneaky swearin'? That was serious stuff to a 6 year old in the mid 60's.
Oops, made myself feel old.....

Offline locoboymakesgood

How many of you thought (like me) that "Giva Dam" on those maps was the ultimate in 'sneaky swearin'? That was serious stuff to a 6 year old in the mid 60's.
Wow, 'Giva Dam'. hahaha, that's actually really funny and I never got that until now. And I've seen that short countless times.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline FineBari3

Sure! I always loved those!

My favorite one is 'Hot-sea' and 'Tot-sea'......meaning hotsy-totsy in 20's slang (that meant something pleasing).
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Smaug

Same map from I'll Never Heil Again, that would be one helluva collectors item if the original still existed.......sigh.

jka12002

Dont forget the infamous middle finger in Disorder in the Court by Curly.

"STOP CHEWING THAT GUM!"

Offline Mike Lipincranz

How about the "reverse" middle finger by Larry in the opening frames of "BLUNDER BOYS"? :D

Offline QuinceHead

In one early Stooges short (the name of which eludes me), doesn't Curly utter, "If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed?"  :o

I was always surprised that that one slipped past the censors of the time!

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
In one early Stooges short (the name of which eludes me), doesn't Curly utter, "If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed?"

I was always surprised that that one slipped past the censors of the time!

He was sucking on half a grapefruit. There was no other meaning, implied or otherwise.

Offline QuinceHead

He was sucking on half a grapefruit. There was no other meaning, implied or otherwise.

Ah, but to a dirty mind, anything is possible. . .   ;D

But thanks for the clarification, sir!

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline QuinceHead

Oh, and while we're on the subject of swear words, I swear that I remember one Curly short where it looks as if Moe says to Curly, "You @$$H*le!", and the soundtrack is suspiciously muted at this point!

At least, this is what it always seemed to me and my older brother -- perhaps the memory is cheating??  ;)

Does this ring a bell to anyone else out there??

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline Stooge Man

What about Moe dropping the F-bomb in "Brideless Groom"? I thought everyone knew about this one. At 5 minutes and 15 seconds into it, Moe and Shemp are tangled up in the phone booth. Both are talking together and muttering ad libs. Shemp is looking for his nickel that he has dropped.
Shemp: "I think it's over on that side..."
Moe: "Look out...Get the f--- off of me here..."
Shemp: "Look out... all right..."
You can actually hear it more clearly on public domain DVDs than you can from the Three Stooges Collection DVD, but there is no mistaking that is what he says.

Offline metaldams

What about Moe dropping the F-bomb in "Brideless Groom"? I thought everyone knew about this one. At 5 minutes and 15 seconds into it, Moe and Shemp are tangled up in the phone booth. Both are talking together and muttering ad libs. Shemp is looking for his nickel that he has dropped.
Shemp: "I think it's over on that side..."
Moe: "Look out...Get the f--- off of me here..."
Shemp: "Look out... all right..."
You can actually hear it more clearly on public domain DVDs than you can from the Three Stooges Collection DVD, but there is no mistaking that is what he says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Production_Code
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead