Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ted Healy in "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

Offline Hammond Eggar

I just rewatched the film "O Brother Were Art Thou?" with my father and made an interesting discovery, which you'll see in the following clip.  At just over an hour into the film, we see George Clooney and Tim Blake Nelson in a movie theater watching "the picture show."  I did a double-take, and after rewinding the DVD, discovered that they were watching a movie featuring Ted Healy.  The credits confirmed that the film they were watching is "Myrt and Marge" (1933), which also featured the Stooges, although the boys aren't seen in the scene Clooney and Blake Nelson were watching.  Check out the Youtube clip.  The scene takes places at 4:15 into it.  Enjoy!

[youtube=425,350]NhwGM6-f5EA&feature=related[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Mention of this can be found on MYRT AND MARGE's Filmography page. This discussion has come up a few times in the past.

It was originally intended to have the Stooges included in that clip, since BROTHER, the Coens' take on The Odyssey, was also their veiled tribute to the Stooges. At the time of production, C3 was suing (they eventually lost) New Line Cinema for including a clip from DISORDER IN THE COURT in a background scene of THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT (1996). Rather than deal with a similar nuisance suit from C3, Universal eliminated the Stooges from the clip in BROTHER, leaving just Healy.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Thanks for the background info, BeAStooge.  I don't know what this site would be like without your extensive knowledge of the boys.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)