Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Movies or TV shows that reference the Three Stooges?

Offline Fake Shemp

Do you know of any movies or TV shows, whether old or recent, that made references to the Three Stooges? And no, I'm not talking about the ones that the Stooges made cameos in. I mean the movies that either made a joke about them, borrowed one of their routines, quoted them, or anything like that.

I do know that one of the most famous references is the Evil Dead series, where Sam Raimi, the director, is a big Stooge fan, and he credited his stand-ins as "Fake Shemps" when he couldn't film his entire first film with the whole cast, as the film took longer to shoot than the length of the actors' contracts.

Another I can think of is in the movie The Mummy, where Rick O'Connell gouges one of the mummy swordsmen's eyes out in the chambers below the statue of Anubis.

Any other Stooges references or tributes you can think of?

Offline WhyIOughta

Don't forget Mel Gibson's tribute to the Stooges in "Lethal Weapon."

Offline 12Medbe

Couple times on Muppet Babies, a Few Times on Looney Tunes.

Porky in Wackyland I remember a Three Stooges Reference.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Couple times on Muppet Babies

Whose Emmy-winning writer was Jeffrey Scott... aka Jeffrey Maurer, Moe's grandson.

Don't forget Mel Gibson's tribute to the Stooges in "Lethal Weapon."
a Few Times on Looney Tunes.
Porky in Wackyland I remember a Three Stooges Reference.

All of which are among the 100+ entries already logged in this site's Tribute Filmography.

More entries are coming soon; hopefully, the tribute filmography will be ready to be opened to member submissions later this year.

Offline FineBari3

The Simpsons have done lots of Stooges references. Here is a link to The Simpsons Archive section on the Stooges, but it may have not been updated:  http://www.snpp.com/guides/three.stooges.html        

My favorite Stooge reference by them is when Bart and Lisa were in a room with vampire coffins, and Bart starts making a noise. Lisa says "I've seen your stupid Shemp, Bart!". 

A couple of refs were made on The Family Guy as well.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Rhinosaurus

Before I go to the tribute page I just wanted to mention the South Park episode of Satan's birthday party and Jeffrey Dalmer, Gacy and another infamous murderer act like Moe, Larry and Curly when they try to get Satan's b-day cake.  Great tribute.

Another one off the top of my head is from Ferris Beuhler's day off when Cameron is at the stock exchange he starts doing Curly motions.

Offline 12Medbe

Whose Line Is It Anway had done a couple of References, a Three Stooges Themed Hat surffaced in a game of Dating Service Video.

I'll link you to a couple vids where the show referenced them

Film TV Theatre Styles (Ryan Stiles mixes The Three Stooges up as The Marx Bros.) -
  (Episode 226)

Dating Service Video (Episode 8007) - (
)

jka12002

The Metro PCS commercial allways ends with "Hello,hello,hello" in a stooge style, even the last "hello" sounds like Larry.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
There was also "Pulp Fiction" by George Torintino, that used the Boys.  They were playing a short in a television store where you heard their voices but did not see their faces. Curly-Larry-Moe.

Thompson
Moron4392

jka12002

OH YEAH....

How can i forget Richie Rich The Movie?

There was a scene that Richie used a Three Stooges episode to block out the security cameras. It was the short where Curly says "I have children! Dozens of them!" and he was wearing a waiter like outfit.

See it here: it happens around the 8:21 mark in the video.
[youtube=425,350]QZgap4XOIbk[/youtube]