Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Which Three Stooges short have you watched the least amount of times?

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Hey everyone,

Got another question for ya -- which Three Stooges short have you watched the least amount of times?

For me, it's Women Haters.

I think I've watched it in its entirety maybe two, possibly three, times in my entire life.

I don't know if it's the rhyming, or the fact that the boys aren't playing "themselves," or what, but it's always left me cold, then restless -- I just can't make it through in one sitting!  :-[

After that, I'd have to say it's the majority of the Besser shorts.  I can remember back when I used to watch the Stooges on WSBK, Channel 38 in Boston, whenever the dreaded "Hello, Hello, Hello -- Hello!" would come on, I'd say to the screen, "Goodbye!" and either change the channel or just shut the set off.   ::)

Anyone else care to say a few syllables?  Utter a few adjectives??

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Woman Haters
Grips, Grunts & Groans (was never a big fan of that short, sorry for those who love it)
Busy Buddies
All Gummed Up
Hugs And Mugs (I like the short but it's never been on my radar to watch it)
Love At First Bite (same as above)
Horsing Around
Pies And Guys.

Offline metaldams

The ten Besser shorts and the Shemp stock footage jobs not part of the 130 short syndicated package twenty years ago.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

The ten Besser shorts and the Shemp stock footage jobs not part of the 130 short syndicated package twenty years ago.

I rarely watch many of the Shemp stock footage jobs although I do enjoy a few stock footage shorts like Loose Loot, Scotched In Scotland and Of Cash and Hash, I didn't even think to mention those shorts.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

My original answer hasn't changed at all--I avoid Besser like the plague...

As for a Curly, I would say Half-Wits Holiday. And then, there are some of the Shemp retreads that one viewing is enough, take your pick between Hot Ice and Pals and Gals...  [cry]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

My original answer hasn't changed at all--I avoid Besser like the plague...

As for a Curly, I would say Half-Wits Holiday. And then, there are some of the Shemp retreads that one viewing is enough, take your pick between Hot Ice and Pals and Gals...  [cry]

Hot Ice followed by Rumpus in the Harem, Commotion on the Ocean and Rip, Sew & Stitch are my worst Shemp retreads, I don't think "Pals and Gals" is quite as bad as some of the other Shemp retreads (I give "Pals" a 4/10).

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Anything with Joe Besser . . . and the Shemp stock-footage jamborees.

In terms of Curly: "Three Loan Wolves," "Uncivil War Birds," "If a Body Meets a Body" and "Even as IOU."

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Anything with Joe Besser . . . and the Shemp stock-footage jamborees.

In terms of Curly: "Three Loan Wolves," "Uncivil War Birds," "If a Body Meets a Body" and "Even as IOU."

What bugged me about "Even As IOU" was the first 5 minutes of the short was great and then it fizzles once they're helping out a mother and daughter.

Offline metaldams

What bugged me about "Even As IOU" was the first 5 minutes of the short was great and then it fizzles once they're helping out a mother and daughter.

Agree 100%
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!

Almost the same as me, but I do like certain Shemp stock jobs that I think we all enjoy.  There are some Curly's I avoid as well, like EVEN AS IOU and THREE LOAN WOLVES.
#1 fire kibitzer