General Boards > Questions and Answers

Which Three Stooges short have you watched the least amount of times?

(1/7) > >>

QuinceHead:
Hey everyone,

Got another question for ya -- which Three Stooges short have you watched the least amount of times?

For me, it's Women Haters.

I think I've watched it in its entirety maybe two, possibly three, times in my entire life.

I don't know if it's the rhyming, or the fact that the boys aren't playing "themselves," or what, but it's always left me cold, then restless -- I just can't make it through in one sitting!  :-[

After that, I'd have to say it's the majority of the Besser shorts.  I can remember back when I used to watch the Stooges on WSBK, Channel 38 in Boston, whenever the dreaded "Hello, Hello, Hello -- Hello!" would come on, I'd say to the screen, "Goodbye!" and either change the channel or just shut the set off.   ::)

Anyone else care to say a few syllables?  Utter a few adjectives??

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

12Medbe:
There are a couple

- Sweet and Hot (Joe)
- Beer Barrel Polecats (Curly)
- Hot Stuff (Palma/Shemp)
- Horsing Around (Joe)
- Monkey Businessmen (Curly)
- Outter Space Jitters (Joe)

benjilbum:
Most of the Besser's, and some of the more obscure later Shemp's. A few of the later Curly's are hard to watch because of his obviously failing health.

QuinceHead:

--- Quote from: benjilbum on June 23, 2010, 11:15:55 AM ---Most of the Besser's, and some of the more obscure later Shemp's. A few of the later Curly's are hard to watch because of his obviously failing health.

--- End quote ---

Well as far as the later Shemp shorts go, technically you've probably watched most of them already because so many of them consist of recycled footage!  ;D

And yeah, you're quite right about the later Curly shorts.  Aside from Micro-Phonies and Three Little Pirates, most of them are painful to watch.

Plus there's the blatant anti-Japanese sentiment of The Yoke's On Me which makes for uneasy viewing now-a-days, but was arguably justified back then, considering that we were at war with Japan after the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor that they instigated.

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

benjilbum:
Those two late Curly's are very good. I also like Three Loan Wolves, which I know most of you don't. The Tooth Will Out? I love the part where they sing in their great harmony with the false teeth. But the part with the old man in the dentists chair is (in my opinion) the worst Stooge scene I know of. Distasteful and unfunny. But even Babe Ruth struck out a few times. Otragur-gur.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version