Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

How "Half Wits Holiday" should have Ended

Offline 12Medbe

Hey everyone, I started messing around with some Three Stooges Shorts on my computer, So with the help of "In the Sweet Pie and Pie", I made it look like Curly was actually in the Pie Fight scene in Half Wits Holiday. Take a look and let me know what you think!

[youtube=425,350]VhvlwMFEHX8[/youtube]
  [pie]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:44:56 AM by BeAStooge »

Looks good to me. Not terribly different from how they edited Joe in for "Pies And Guys," really. One has to wonder why they couldn't have just done something like what you did in the first place.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline archiezappa

Yeah!  I love the way you did that.  It actually makes that final scene more watchable.  A smoother transition, instead of "now you see him, now you don't."

Offline Blystone

No. Leave it the way it was! Fooling around with old films is not a good idea, because it disrespects the original makers of those films. All I can think of here is the '80s TV commercial that showed the then-recently departed Fred Astaire dancing around with a vacuum cleaner (which he never did when he was alive, it was added digitally). There was also another spot that featured a deceased John Wayne pushing some product or other (beer?). Luckily for me, I can't remember these in any detail, but it was still a bad thing to do.

[pie]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
So with the help of "In the Sweet Pie and Pie", I made it look like Curly was actually in the Pie Fight scene in Half Wits Holiday.

The orginal script for the pie fight, with Curly, is transcribed in The Three Stooges Journal # 105 (Spring 2003).

Offline falsealarms

No. Leave it the way it was! Fooling around with old films is not a good idea, because it disrespects the original makers of those films. All I can think of here is the '80s TV commercial that showed the then-recently departed Fred Astaire dancing around with a vacuum cleaner (which he never did when he was alive, it was added digitally). There was also another spot that featured a deceased John Wayne pushing some product or other (beer?). Luckily for me, I can't remember these in any detail, but it was still a bad thing to do.

[pie]

Similar thing with Gene Kelly

[youtube=425,350]gs_T_cEoX6I[/youtube]

Offline Larry Fine Fan

I like that Gene Kelly commercial. They did a great job with adding Gene's head to the other dancer's body. Was that a somewhat recent commerical?

No. Leave it the way it was! Fooling around with old films is not a good idea, because it disrespects the original makers of those films.
Don't worry, no one's suggesting making permanent changes to HOLIDAY. Someone just wanted to show what might have been.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline bindu

Yeah!  I love the way you did that.  It actually makes that final scene more watchable.  A smoother transition, instead of "now you see him, now you don't."

Agreed - very nicely done!
I suppose at the time, they were all too much in shock over Curly's illness, and just wanted to get it done.  But in hindsight, a few extra SF insertions would've been easy and made a big difference to the feel at film's end.