Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Journal # 134

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Three Stooges Journal # 134 is now available.

For non-subscribers, here's a summary of what you're missing...
 - A newly discovered Stooges TV appearance
 - A newly discovered Healy film appearance
 - Whatever happened to Frances McCoy of SOUP TO NUTS?
 - The Stooges on tour in 1951
 - Candid photos from the 2010 Fan Club Meeting
 - Actress Jackie Joseph talks about Larry Fine and the Motion Picture Home
 - A location seen in MOVIE MANIACS and GRIPS, GRUNTS & GROANS is identified, with photos "then and now"
 - Costar/crew biographies, and obituaries

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Got Mine Yesterday.....Another Great Read.   Thanks everyone for this great issue.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I was over at my brother's house yesterday when I saw the email notice of Brent's post, and I said at the time "I'll bet my copy will be waiting for me."  Sure enough, there it was when I got home.   ;)

Offline Larry Fine Fan

I received mine yesterday, and really like it. My favorite article is the "Actress Jackie Joseph talks about Larry Fine and the Motion Picture Home" one. The photo of Larry is a nice one.

Great job, Gary!

Offline Rich Finegan

Brent, Rob:
I still seem to be unable to get in and fix / add info (but have a list of additions & corrections I need to submit) so I will let you both know:
For filmography accuracy: Gary has confirmed (and further research of my own has further confirmed) that the year of the newly discovered Fran Allison Show on which The Three Stooges appeared was 1959 not 1960, as reported in Journal #134. All of the rest of the info is okay, but the year has to be changed from 1960 to 1959.

We still need to learn the exact date of the show. Any Chicago natives out there who may have any kind of info on this show?

Offline Rich Finegan

Another great Journal.
I was just watching a 1928 Charley Chase short and there was a scene at a train station. Thanks to Jim Pauley's informative article on the Stooges shorts train station location in the Journal, I was interested to look closely at the station in the Chase short...and yes it's the Glendale Train Station again! Now thanks to Jim's great research I'll probably start seeing that station in every old film with a train station setting!

Offline QuinceHead

Is there any easy way to order all of the still-in-print issues of The Three Stooges Journal??

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline QuinceHead

Click here to order previous issues of the journal.

[Curly-like squeal of delighted comprehension] OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  [doh]

Thanks for the elucidation!

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead