Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Rue McClanahan, 1934-2010

Offline ProfessorStooge

Actress Rue McClanahan has passed away at age 76. She is best known for playing man-hungry Blanche Devereaux on the sitcom The Golden Girls. Her other TV appearances included Maude, Mama's Family and Gimme a Break.

Offline Curly4444

Offline ProfessorStooge

That is correct. Betty White is the remaining Golden Girl.

Offline Curly4444

What a shame, she wasn't that old. Hopefully she had a good life?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
What a shame, she wasn't that old.

76 isn't "that old" anymore?  I've always thought of that as "a ripe old age" myself; two of my grandparents died well before that, and my mother died at 72.  Hell, I'l be surprised if I make it that long.  (Of course, I used to think I'd be lucky to make it past 30 and I'll be 55 this year, so I could be wrong.)   ;)

Offline falsealarms

I guess nowadays being "that old" means at least 80+.

Offline Curly4444

Well, when i was in my 20's, 76 was old. But as im getting up there it aint that old anymore.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Well, when i was in my 20's, 76 was old. But as im getting up there it aint that old anymore.

LOL!  A fair point.   ;D

Offline girloves3stooges

The Golden Girls is one of my absolute favorite shows and I was very sad to hear of her passing. The cycle is kinda scary. Estelly Getty passed away in 2008, Bea Arthur passed away in 2009, and now Rue McClanahan passes away in 2010, kinda eerie!

Offline Curly4444

Offline girloves3stooges

I really hope not, she looks pretty good for being 88 years old. Shes in a new tv show now called Hot in Cleveland, its pretty funny.

Offline curlysdame

76 isn't "that old" anymore?  I've always thought of that as "a ripe old age" myself

I've never thought 76 was 'really old.'  Although, I don't know if my opinion is fair, since my family usually lives into their early-mid 90s.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)