Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

1999 Larry Tribute on THE DAILY SHOW

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
This piece about Larry ran on THE DAILY SHOW on August 18, 1999.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-18-1999/vance-degeneres-reports---a-fine-shrine

Interviewees were Larry's sister Lyla Budnick, convention/meeting organizer Frank Reighter, and artist David McShane. The featurette was produced before the [first] mural was unveiled at Jon's Bar & Grille in Philadelphia in the Fall of 1999; McShane was the artist. BTW - David is also the artist of the Stooges' ceiling mural at The Stoogeum.

Followup - the current mural at Jon's B&G is the 2nd. The first from 1999 fell victim to weathering, and was replaced several years ago.

Offline Blystone

I must say thanks to the stalwart BeAStooge for this tribute, I'd never seen it. I cracked up hard at all the terrific clips of Larry, and Ms. Budnick was a really charming lady who was very generous in sharing her memories of her brother and the Howards and the Golden Age of Comedy (you can see much more of her here):

http://www.amazon.com/Stooges-Behind-Mayhem-Moe-Howard/dp/B00080ZGZQ

Nobody really needs to be reminded of the true greatness of the Porcupine, but a little reminder sure doesn't hurt... unlike all those slaps he took!

[3stooges]

Offline stooge1029

Heh I have that Larry doll that hes holding along with the Moe and Curly. In my opinion the best stooge caricatures ever done.

Offline 12Medbe

Heh I have that Larry doll that hes holding along with the Moe and Curly. In my opinion the best stooge caricatures ever done.

Agreed!

Offline Hammond Eggar

I'll triple that remark.  I, too, have those dolls.  They're the best I've seen thus far.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)