Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Gary Coleman, 1968-2010

Offline ProfessorStooge

Former child star Gary Coleman passed away earlier today at age 42 from a brain hemorrhage resulting from a fall. Coleman is best remembered as Arnold Jackson from the popular sitcom Diff'rent Strokes. It was the show that gave us the popular catchphrase "Whatchoo talkin' bout Willis?" After Diff'rent Strokes left the air, Coleman had numerous legal issues. They ranged from assaulting a fan over an autograph request to domestic violence.

Offline metaldams

I swear, the second I heard about this, the first thought on my mind was...."How long will it take for the obituary to show up on threestooges.net."  Thanks for not disappointing me, ProfessorStooge.   ;D

Anyway, definitely a shock.  He was young and he was everywhere when I was a kid.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Man, hes only a year older that me. What a weird and bizarre way to die. I better not fall down!! lol Sounds like he had a similar thing as Bret Michael's had, but died.

Why do celebrity's seem to die in weird ways?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Man, hes only a year older that me. What a weird and bizarre way to die. I better not fall down!! lol Sounds like he had a similar thing as Bret Michael's had, but died.

Why do celebrity's seem to die in weird ways?

From what I was reading, Gary Coleman had health problems all of his life.  He born with a congenital kidney disease and had two kidney transplants, he had heart surgery last fall, and had suffered a seizure on the set of some show (don't remember the name now) back in January.  I haven't seen any specific details on just what happened Wednesday, but it sounds to me as though he may have had another seizure and cracked his head in a fall.  Apparently he slipped in and out of consciousness, but grew steadily worse from intracranial hemorrhaging and went into a coma.

Truly sad and unfortunate.  My condolences to his loved ones.   :(   

Offline Blystone

Obviously, he died of a diff'rent stroke.

Somebody had to say it...

>:D

Offline Blystone

Celebrities don't die in weird ways any more than the general population does, they just get a lot more press coverage. For example, a 74-year-old man like Dennis Hopper dying of prostate cancer, there's nothing unusual about that. Gary Coleman was apparently born with a number of genetic problems, so it could be considered amazing that he even made it to the age of 42.

The modern-classical composer Elliott Carter is now 101 years old and is still writing music (he may be hanging around until he finds a listener who can understand his works... I sure don't). William S. Burroughs (the author who coined the term "Heavy Metal"), lived to the age of 78 in spite of a lifetime of using every narcotic drug he could get his hands on!

[yikes]

It's all a roll of the cosmic dice and nothing more, if you ask me. Anyone who could accurately predict lifespans would make a fortune at it (pun intended).