Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

How many of the 803 films do you have?

· 33 · 5844

chad2411

I started trying to collect all Three Stooges-related films & TV shows as soon as I got my first VCR in 1982.
It sure was harder back then to find most of the Stooges material beyond the familiar 190 Columbia shorts. And in fact even those were not necessarily common unless one had a local or cable TV station such as WTBS to tape them from or friends in other areas with whom to trade tapes.

But there are some items listed in the filmography that I just don't consider necessary, such as films like "The Story on Page One" and "With Six You Get Eggroll" from which Joe Besser was cut, and "Cinderfella". But they're in the filmography, so should I count them as films I "need" to have all 803? I didn't think so.
Also I have absolutely no interest or desire to collect most of the animated stuff in which Besser did voices such as Houndcats, Jeannie, and especially anything to do with Scooby Doo. So I'm not counting those as items I "need".

A lot of what I'm missing is of course what everyone is missing: the presumed lost films, lost TV shows (especially early stuff), some of the Screen Snapshots, items in the filmography such as unproduced or unreleased films or shows, etc.

This turned out more difficult than I expected, but I tried to take a count.
The total I have seems to be about 670.

Wowser, quite remarkable.  I usaully tape off of TCM, so I get maybe 1 new one a month.

Offline falsealarms

The only things I have that I'd deem rarities/uncommon are about 15 Shemp solos and the film Myrt and Marge. The rest of what I have... like the 190 shorts, the 60's DeRita films, some of the 1965 cartoons, the Steve Allen skits, Moe on Mike Douglas x3, most of the existing MGM era stuff, and things like Gold Raiders, Swing Parade and Soup to Nuts... are probably things most here have.

Offline garystooge

Say, has it ever been said if the Stoogeum has most of the film's or not.

The Stoogeum's primary collection is on 16MM film.  Currently there are 454 titles in the film library, including all 190 Columbia shorts and 141 of the 1965 cartoons.  The remaining 100+ films are a variety of feature films, solo shorts and features, some trailers, a few TV appearances and commercials, miscellaneous cartoons and a few shorts dubbed in Spanish or subtitled in Spanish.  Always looking for more!
Gary

chad2411

The Stoogeum's primary collection is on 16MM film.  Currently there are 454 titles in the film library, including all 190 Columbia shorts and 141 of the 1965 cartoons.  The remaining 100+ films are a variety of feature films, solo shorts and features, some trailers, a few TV appearances and commercials, miscellaneous cartoons and a few shorts dubbed in Spanish or subtitled in Spanish.  Always looking for more!
Gary

Alright, very cool.  If I wasn't over a thousand miles away I would have already visited. But nonetheless ready, Thanks Sir!

chad2411

The only things I have that I'd deem rarities/uncommon are about 15 Shemp solos and the film Myrt and Marge. The rest of what I have... like the 190 shorts, the 60's DeRita films, some of the 1965 cartoons, the Steve Allen skits, Moe on Mike Douglas x3, most of the existing MGM era stuff, and things like Gold Raiders, Swing Parade and Soup to Nuts... are probably things most here have.

The only rarities I have would be Captain hates the sea, Myrt and Marge, and Start Cheering and they are bootlegged bought off of Ebay.  Nonetheless I think it would be cool to have all 700something known to exist.

ThumpTheShoes

My uncommon items would be the New 3 Stooges #150, Super Everybody, and The Three Stooges Scrapbook, edited with the laugh track. Those, along with the now common stuff like the Ed Wynn show, Kook's Tour, Soup To Nuts and so on, are pictures I never would have imagined seeing even 20 years ago!

..Still waiting for The Spain Mutiny to turn up but, largely, I think Stooges fans, these days, are quite spoiled!  :laugh:

[pie]

Offline Rich Finegan

I see that the total number of Stooges film appearances as given on The Home Page has recently risen from 803 to 804. What is the new addition? A TV Guest Appearance, possibly?

Coincidentally, I will be reporting another previously undocumented Stooges filmography credit in the upcoming issue of Three Stooges Journal.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
What is the new addition? A TV Guest Appearance, possibly?

Site Updates

TV Guest Appearances was updated a couple days ago for an oversight... Joan's TO TELL THE TRUTH episode, where she showed some of her home movies.