Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Sonny Rollins,Saxophone Colossus

Offline RICO987

I have noticed music is a frequent side topic, but I have never seen jazz mentioned.  I saw Sonny Rollins last night at the Mondavi Center in Davis, CA.  He is 79 years old, but still plays as good as he does in this link:

If you have the chance to see him on his current tour, you will not be disappointed.

Offline FineBari3

I love jazz! There are a few of us here that know their music!

I enjoy big-band and 20's and 30's jazz. I really enjoy Stan Kenton, Maynard, Woody Herman, and especially Glenn Miller. I have played lots and lots of jazz as well (I'm a drummer).

I enjoyed the Sonny Rollins clip. I think I saw him at the Pittsburgh Jazz Festival one year in the early 1990's. I also saw Arturo Sandoval at that festival before he defected from Cuba!

...on a related note, my Great-Uncle was Johnny Costa, the jazz pianist. He was most famous for being Mr. Rogers' musical director, and of course, played on every show! The trolley music was always my favorite!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

I enjoy playing jazz more than listening to it, if that makes sense.  I played bass in jazz bands in high school and college and even made all-state my senior year. 

My entire jazz collection, though, consists of Miles Davis's KIND OF BLUE and his early BIRTH OF THE COOL sessions.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Blystone

What this site needs is more jazz, especially the old stuff... also kazoo bands and God-knows-what else (on the new page, "The Bargain Basement's Basement"). Allow me:

http://pilsnerspicks.blogspot.com/

Updated every month, unless we're busy training the parakeet.

[smileinthebox]