Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Petition WB to release Shemp solos - 4/11 update

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Are there any updates on the Shemp front?
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline falsealarms

Offline falsealarms

From the Archive a few days ago:

"The documentary is called THE LOST STOOGES, and indeed it's an excellent work, most certainly on our radar. The MGM Stooges shorts themselves need to be remastered (BADLY) and we're hoping to do just that. The goal is to release them at the same time we release the new remastered SHEMP shorts."

Offline locoboymakesgood

WB doesn't do any remastering for their Archive releases. Could this mean that they're thinking of a legit release for them?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline falsealarms

WB doesn't do any remastering for their Archive releases. Could this mean that they're thinking of a legit release for them?

The remastering thing isn't true anymore. They do it for some titles now.

Offline locoboymakesgood

The remastering thing isn't true anymore. They do it for some titles now.
Keyword now, then. I remember when the Archive started and there was a big fuss over how WB was overcharging for made on demand discs and the titles weren't even remastered.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline falsealarms

Keyword now, then. I remember when the Archive started and there was a big fuss over how WB was overcharging for made on demand discs and the titles weren't even remastered.

Check this out - http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/dvd_extra_warner_archive_gets_some_IE4IHpdxVXmQZzAvfVBwQL

Offline falsealarms

Warner Archive update:

"The REMASTERED Shemp project is ongoing. Now that the weather is (hopefully) cooling down, we can move the needed nitrate sources to 'fill in the blanks' for the shorts that had yet to be protected onto safety film....and get that set ready for release. We also hope to remaster the MGM Stooges shorts."