Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

R.I.P Moe *June 19, 1897-May 4, 1975*

Offline mankey8284

Well it's 12:20am here in Florida, so that means it's May 4th and 35 years since Moe died. Just wanted to start a thread for him and for you guys to leave your own little thoughts.  And today is the day that my grandma died two years ago.

R.I.P. Moe, all your fans miss you very much.
"I'm trying to think and nothing happens!" ~Curly
"I lost my ba-lance." ~Larry
"I'll knock your head right through your socks" ~Moe
"There I am pretty as a picture. Yeah, of an ape" ~Shemp and Moe
"Is that the sun up there? I don't know I'm new in town" ~Larry and Curly
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What stupid, imbecilic fool put that u--I did! Oh, am I dumb" ~Larry
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry
"Do you know what that paper was? Hot?" ~Moe & Curly

Offline Curly4444

Wow its been that long. Man, thats almost as long as I've been alive.

Offline Lefty

On the day Moe died, the Phillies traded Willie Montanez to San Francisco for Garry Maddox.  At that point, my friends and I did not know about Moe's passing, so the trade was the big thing.  One of Moe's last activities was advertising a "Backyard Fair" thing on the local TV station that carried the Stooges and the then-Stanley Cup champion Flyers.  When the Flyers' Gary Dornhoefer took over the advertising, that's when I found out about Moe.  R.I.P. Moe! 

Offline Bud_Jamison

I was 6 years old in May of 1975 and actually remember it being announced on the news.  If only he and the boys could see the love and respect they command today...

Offline Curly4444

Looks like you were born the same year as me. How can you remember way back to 75?

Offline Bud_Jamison

I don't know how but I really do remember Moe's passing, Nixon resigning and having the S&%$ scarred out of me watching Dr. Who in my old house before we moved in December of '75.

Offline Double Deal Decker

A belated RIP, Moe. Thought of you on that day. Heaven's gain was our loss. I believe you passed on the 5th anniversary of Kent State. That's a lot of sadness for one date.