Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Shorts Tournement - Who's In?

Offline Justin T

Thats good news Metal, looking foward to it.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline metaldams

Gonna have to apologize, but the tourney will be delayed a few days.  Saturday is a free day and I should have plenty of time to get the brackets made then.  As of now, I'm about a third of the way there.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Gonna have to apologize, but the tourney will be delayed a few days.  Saturday is a free day and I should have plenty of time to get the brackets made then.  As of now, I'm about a third of the way there.

No problem as far as I'm concerned; I definitely understand delays.  I can't tell you how many times I've had to put the site's re-write on hold because I just haven't had the time to concentrate on it.  We've had three or four different audits going on at the hospital, primarily thanks to changes in Medicaid, plus changes in electronic billings, etc., that have kept me extremely busy - and more than a little burnt out.  Every time I think I've got things wrapped up there, someone comes along with another critical project.  It keeps the family fed and the roof over their heads, but it's pushed my schedule for the web sites back by at least a couple of months.

At least the manager of the department that I contract with just went on vacation for a week and a half, so my workload should lighten for a while.  Maybe I can catch up a bit.   ;)

I'm looking forward to the tournament.  They were fun in the past, and they should be even better now that so many of us own the complete Columbia shorts collection.   ;D

Offline metaldams

Guys, bear with me, this will get done, I just don't know when.  I'm working on this now, and while compiling the imdb ratings, I've only stumbled upon 172 shorts and according to my math, the boys made 174 w/o Besser, so now I gotta see which ones I'm missing!   >:(

It's definitely best to average out this site and imdb to even things out as far as brackets, as this sites a tad more Shemp favored than should be and imdb is more Curly favored than should be.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp Shady

met,

You might be missing SELF MAID MADES and PUNCHY PUNCHCOWERS—two extraordinary KLASSEEKS!
Eet ees a klasseek!!

Offline Justin T

Me too, take the time you need to.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Stooge-Adam

I'm in too. But I can tell you right now, whatever is up against "Scrambled Brains" will win by me. ;)

Offline FineBari3

I'm in too. But I can tell you right now, whatever is up against "Scrambled Brains" will win by me. ;)

I am watching my DVD set in order, and I have not reached this one yet!  I really can't remember much about the short, so we'll see. I usually like the ones that everybody else doesn't!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

OK guys, things are SLOWLY shaping up.  I admit I don't have time like I used to in the old days to totally dedicate myself to this thing, and I guess in a way that's a good thing.  Still, here's what's happening.

Starting next Saturday, the 16 short Besser tournament will begin.  This will be easy to handle.  Since each round lasts a week, there will be a month of this and it will buy me more time to organize this mammoth 128 short tourney.  Fortunately, I have a weeks worth of paid vacation (love that paid part), in mid July, so I should have time to get the big part of this tourney then.

Thank you for your patience, this will all be worth it.  In the mean time, the Besser tourney begins next week, so brush up on those opinions, your votes count.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline stooge1029

What about including the winner of the Bessier tourney in the 128 shorts tourney kind of like a play in. That way the Bessier tournament isnt a complete waste of time.

Offline pipboytaylor

Sounds like a great idea to me. Wouldn't seem fair to totally exclude Besser.

Offline metaldams

The reason why I'm doing a Besser only tournament is because this is the sixth tournament I'm having, and in previous tourneys, not a single Joe Besser short has ever made it past the first round.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Kind of like the play-in game for the NCAA Mens hoops tourney.

Offline metaldams

I'll tell you what, the winner gets spot #128.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Stooge-Adam

I am watching my DVD set in order, and I have not reached this one yet!  I really can't remember much about the short, so we'll see. I usually like the ones that everybody else doesn't!

I mentioned how I hated "Scrambled Brains" and everyone on here said how much they loved it.

Offline metaldams

UPDATE

The matchups for the Besser tourney are set and will begin tomorrow morning.  Also, on the week of the final round of the Besser tourney, I will also have a Shemp original Vs. Shemp remake round to determine if any stock footage job gets a nod over an original.  I'm hoping mostly originals win, but this will at least maybe give a superior stock footage job a shot to qualify.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline pipboytaylor

Just curious, are you going to post a mini-rules segment? I was just wondering how long we would have to cast a vote once a matchup is made. thanks.

Offline metaldams

Just curious, are you going to post a mini-rules segment? I was just wondering how long we would have to cast a vote once a matchup is made. thanks.

The rules are pretty simple.  You get one vote for each pairing, you can but don't have to vote on all pairings, and each round lasts one week.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
The rules are pretty simple.  You get one vote for each pairing, you can but don't have to vote on all pairings, and each round lasts one week.

That's such a nice, concise set of instructions that I made that the "description" of the new board.   ;)

Offline Shemp Shady

So, met—I'm looking forward to this tourney starting sometime soon. Thus, I hope that such kicks off before too long.
Eet ees a klasseek!!

Offline metaldams

So, met—I'm looking forward to this tourney starting sometime soon. Thus, I hope that such kicks off before too long.

Better late than never, Tony.  We're already in the 4th round!  Join in.

http://threestooges.net/forums/index.php?topic=3718.0
- Doug Sarnecky