Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Shorts Tournement - Who's In?

Offline metaldams

OK boys and girls, about a month from now, I'm planning on doing the sixth installment of the Metaldams Shorts Tournament.  However, before I definitely decide to go through with this, I need to know I'm going to have a decent amount of people participating.  I'm not about to do all this work for only five votes a round.  So if you're interested, please respond in this thread so I know whether or not this tournament will begin.

If this does happen, there are actually going to be two tournaments!  The main tournament will be 128 shorts, going for 7 rounds whith each round lasting a week.  Each short will be given a seed (example seed 1 will face seed 128 in round 1), and I will decide what short gets what seed with a combination of ratings on this site and imdb.

The second tournament will contain shorts that I have a feeling won't make the main tournament.  It will be a straight 16 short tournament of all the Joe Besser shorts.  Since the shorts will be made available publically on June 1, I think it's appropraite we have a Besser tourney as well.  A separate Besser tourney will also avoid awkward round 1 match ups like HOI POLLOI Vs. HOOFS AND GOOFS.

So, who likes this idea, and who's in?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Offline JazzBill

I'm in. But I'm a little concerned, I won't get called an asshole or banned if I disagree with you or Rob, will I?  ;)
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline falsealarms

I'd participate, but would like to see a Shemp solo tournament as well (his Columbia and Vitaphone shorts)

Offline metaldams

I'm in. But I'm a little concerned, I won't get called an asshole or banned if I disagree with you or Rob, will I?  ;)

Fuck you, you...you... fucking fuckfaced asshole buttmunch poo-poo head!

Only kidding, only kidding!

Nah, disagree all you want, it's cool.  My problem with Single-O wasn't that he disagreed with me, it was his smart ass tone.  But whatever, I ain't holding grudges, life's too short.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I'd participate, but would like to see a Shemp solo tournament as well (his Columbia and Vitaphone shorts)

I'm border line on whether Stooge films that are readily available will have enough participants.  I think we'd have more trouble with a tourney with films that aren't readily available.  That said, if Columbia ever releases solo Stooge shorts or Warner the Vitaphones, I'd certainly be open to the idea.

Thanks to all those who say they'll participate so far.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

I'm border line on whether Stooge films that are readily available will have enough participants.  I think we'd have more trouble with a tourney with films that aren't readily available.  That said, if Columbia ever releases solo Stooge shorts or Warner the Vitaphones, I'd certainly be open to the idea.

Thanks to all those who say they'll participate so far.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Shemp-Howard-Solo-Shorts-dvd-Three-Stooges-106814663

Plus there a few cheapo DVDs on Amazon with a half dozen or so Vitaphones.

Offline metaldams

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Shemp-Howard-Solo-Shorts-dvd-Three-Stooges-106814663

Plus there a few cheapo DVDs on Amazon with a half dozen or so Vitaphones.

I have a few bootlegs too, but I don't think we have any posters not named BeAStooge or Rich Finegan (hi guys), who have so many Shemp solos that they'd be able to participate in a tournament.  I know I don't.

But hey, I could be wrong.  If there's enough of a demand, I'm open to the idea.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Alright, Bill, that's it!  You are SO out of here!!   >:(

I don't know why I've got a reputation for being a hard-ass; I hardly ever ban anyone right away.  I usually give someone at least a second chance, or like Chad even a third chance*, to stop acting like a stupid asshole, but when some people just beg to get banned I am willing to accommodate them.

*Or like Eric (ISLIPP), five or six chances.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I have a few bootlegs too, but I don't think we have any posters not named BeAStooge or Rich Finegan (hi guys), who have so many Shemp solos that they'd be able to participate in a tournament.  I know I don't.

But hey, I could be wrong.  If there's enough of a demand, I'm open to the idea.

I have to agree.  I have a few Shemp solos, but no where near enough of them to be able to participate in a tournament about them at this point.  I like the idea though, if they ever do become more commonly available.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Count me in.  [pie]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline FineBari3

I'm all in....

I got excited when the possibility of an all-Shemp solo match-up, but yes....not enough people have access to them. 

I would be up for an all-Curly (or all-Shemp) battle!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

Awesome.  Glad to hear all you guys are in.  I think I'll go through with us, assuming some of the other regulars and a few wild cards will show up as well.

Can't wait to do this!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hello:

If it is all right I would like to be able to participate.  Sounds like a fun challenge.  If you do not mind I think we should throw in a Shemp Solo Featrues section also.

Moron4392

Offline metaldams

Hello:

If it is all right I would like to be able to participate.

You definitely can participate.  No permission needed.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

This tourney will start in about a month, once vol. 8 has been out a few weeks.  Mid June.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Wow! It sure would've been nice if we had this many volunteers in The Master Debates.

Offline metaldams

Wow! It sure would've been nice if we had this many volunteers in The Master Debates.

Agreed.

Thanks again to everyone participating.  Again, I'm aiming for mid June, so please stick around.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I'm hopefully going to have time to make the brackets on Sunday and I'm hoping to have this baby started Wednesday.  Stick around boys, girls, and everything in between, as the tourney's about to begin.  BOTH tourney's, I should say.  The 128 short Stooge tourney and the 16 short tourney of nothing but Besser.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp Shady

Maybe you should make it a 129-short tournament, met—with a 'play-in game,' similar to what they now do for the NCAA 'Big Dance'!
Eet ees a klasseek!!