Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Selling my Entire Stooges VHS Collection on Ebay- Cheap!

Guest · 11 · 5245

xraffle

I have 30 Three Stooges VHS videos left on my shelf and I need to unload these. I’m doing my spring cleaning in my apartment and it’s gotten to the point where my VHS tapes have to go. I have no room for them and I already have these on DVD. I’m desperate to get rid of these, so I put them up on Ebay for a $4.99 starting bid. Anyone interested, please bid. If these don’t sell, I’m just throwing them out. I’m barely making profit on this auction. I just want to get rid of them. I’d give them to a neighbor or friend for free, but no one is interested in the stooges nor do they still watch VHS tapes.

So for those who still like watching VHS tapes and are interested in these videos, please bid. They still work great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150442237658

Offline metaldams

I don't know if you'll have any takers, but good luck.  I just trashed my Stooge VHS collection.  The DVDs take up way less space, and that's a valuable thing.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Thanks! I don't think I'll get any bids, but I'd figured I'd give it a shot before I dump them. I just hate throwing stuff out, but that's what I'll have to do if no one wants them.

Offline JazzBill

Thanks! I don't think I'll get any bids, but I'd figured I'd give it a shot before I dump them. I just hate throwing stuff out, but that's what I'll have to do if no one wants them.
I'm not dumping any of my stuff. How do you know how long dvd's are going to last?
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

I'm not dumping any of my stuff. How do you know how long dvd's are going to last?

I live with two guys who like me, also have way too much as far as music and movies go.  I don't live in a mansion, so space is an issue.  I'll risk it until I find my sugar mama.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

I don't live in a mansion, so space is an issue.  I'll risk it until I find my sugar mama.

Same here!

And I'm sure DVDs will last A LOT longer than VHS tapes. And besides, VCRs are getting harder and harder to find. If/when my stooge DVDs stop working, the VHS tapes will probably not work or I won't have a VCR available to play them on.

And if I was really concerned about my DVDs not lasting, I can easily back them up. I know how. >:D

Offline ProfessorStooge

I am also planning to unload my Stooge VHS tapes and increase shelf space. VHS has become a thing of the past and VCRs have disappeared in favor of DVR and DVD Recorders. We may even see Blu-Ray replacing DVD in the future.

As far as getting rid of the VHS tapes, I'll definitely be having a problem with it once the final DVD volume gets released. My tapes may end up in a storage closet being ignored. My collection is a mix of official releases and bootlegs so selling them won't be possible.

Offline HELLOLARRY

If I might make a suggestion.

If they don't sell, donate them to a resale shop that supports a cause in your area or take them to a nursing home.

If it isn't a straight donation (as in the example of the nursing home), there are a lot of elderly people out there who still like this stuff but won't invest in a DVD player.  They will sell at a resale shop plus the proceeds will help out a cause.

That is what I did when I got rid of my VHS tapes.  My father was in a nursing home and they loved the tapes (I had a mix of old movies, Stooges, Marx Brothers etc.) I dated someone who volunteered at the shop and she said they went really fast.

Just a thought...not sure if you have any places like this in your area but it'll be a win/win.  You're dumping your collection and others will benefit.

Offline Rich Finegan

If I might make a suggestion.

If they don't sell, donate them to a resale shop that supports a cause in your area or take them to a nursing home.

If it isn't a straight donation (as in the example of the nursing home), there are a lot of elderly people out there who still like this stuff but won't invest in a DVD player.  They will sell at a resale shop plus the proceeds will help out a cause.

That is what I did when I got rid of my VHS tapes.  My father was in a nursing home and they loved the tapes (I had a mix of old movies, Stooges, Marx Brothers etc.) I dated someone who volunteered at the shop and she said they went really fast.

Just a thought...not sure if you have any places like this in your area but it'll be a win/win.  You're dumping your collection and others will benefit.

I was thinking the same thing.
I hope anyone getting rid of their old video tapes doesn't just toss them in the trash. Most areas have places to donate books & tapes, perhaps at your local recycling center. And HelloLarry's suggestion is excellent. Or perhaps a local library would still be interested in taking them.

xraffle

If these don’t sell for a measly $5 on Ebay, then it’s pretty obvious that no one out there wants it. I know the shipping is not all that cheap, but these videos are 10 lbs.

And you know, my dad has a TON of old books that he’s throwing out. He tried donating them, but no place would take them, not even our local library. Ridiculous!

Funny how a lot of people today are getting with the times and don’t use VHS anymore. Even DVDs are getting very hard to sell now. Everyone is going the Blu-ray route now!

Offline FineBari3

If these don’t sell for a measly $5 on Ebay, then it’s pretty obvious that no one out there wants it. I know the shipping is not all that cheap, but these videos are 10 lbs.

And you know, my dad has a TON of old books that he’s throwing out. He tried donating them, but no place would take them, not even our local library. Ridiculous!

There is a store here in Pittsburgh, and probably elsewhere, called Half Price Books. They buy books, DVDs, and computer software. My mom recently took most of my dad's library there and got a surprise when one of his books was worth $30. He had lots of books on war and also Europe.

Don't expect tons of $$$, but it's better than nothing.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson