Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Adele Mara 1923 - 2010

Offline Rich Finegan

Adele Mara passed away May 7, 2010 at the age of 87.

She appeared in the Three Stooges shorts BACK FROM THE FRONT (1943) and I CAN HARDLY WAIT (1943).
She was in several other Columbia pictures as well as other Columbia comedy shorts in the early 1940's before Republic Pictures signed her up. She became a leading lady there, co-starring with their top stars such as John Wayne, Gene Autry and Roy Rogers.
She did lots of TV later, and married TV producer Roy Huggins, who used her often in his shows such as "Maverick" and "77 Sunset Strip".

http://threestooges.net/cast.php?id=359

She certainly was one of the prettiest ladies to ever appear with The Stooges, and one of my personal favorites. I never get tired of finding new stills and photos of her.
Here she is:

http://www.fanpix.net/gallery/adele-mara-pictures.htm

Offline falsealarms

Admittedly, I had no idea who she was until I looked at the roles she played.

FFD to 4:50 to see her in I CAN HARDLY WAIT

[youtube=425,350]CTIVRJUG7Ow[/youtube]

Can someone post an updated listing of still-living supporting players? I used to have a list from 2007, but no longer do.

Offline Bud_Jamison

These still-living supporting players who are still with us should really be sat down and interviewed.

Offline Stanley Blystone

These still-living supporting players who are still with us should really be sat down and interviewed.
I would love to hear them talk about what it was like to work with the boys. I bet they would have some great stories to tell.

Offline FineBari3

Many were, back in 2007, at the Ray Court's show in Burbank. There was a 'reunion' of Stooges supporting actresses there, and Sony interviewed them for later use.

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

They have been, and continue to be... Q&As at the Conventions and Fan Club Meetings (1988 - present), past and future issues of The Three Stooges Journal and the Feb. 2007 reunion in Burbank.

Offline FineBari3

They have been, and continue to be... Q&As at the Conventions and Fan Club Meetings (1988 - present), past and future issues of The Three Stooges Journal and the Feb. 2007 reunion in Burbank.

Thanks, Brent! I didn't think about the 'in print' interviews!   [doh]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson