Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Check out this picture of Curly I found =]

Offline mankey8284

I was looking on that corbisimages.com website and decided to type in Curly Howard to see if there were any other pictures of him, and I found this one with Jimmy Durante. I had never seen it and think it is an awesome picture of Curly!

Check it out!

http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargement/Enlargement.aspx?id=U416721ACME&caller=search

if the link doesn't work, just type in Curly's name in the search bar and the pic is the 3rd row 3rd pic from the last
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 09:35:34 AM by BeAStooge »
"I'm trying to think and nothing happens!" ~Curly
"I lost my ba-lance." ~Larry
"I'll knock your head right through your socks" ~Moe
"There I am pretty as a picture. Yeah, of an ape" ~Shemp and Moe
"Is that the sun up there? I don't know I'm new in town" ~Larry and Curly
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What stupid, imbecilic fool put that u--I did! Oh, am I dumb" ~Larry
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry
"Do you know what that paper was? Hot?" ~Moe & Curly

Offline RICO987

That is a great picture of Curly.  Makes you wonder who Moe Larry and Curly hung out with when they were not in front of the cameras.  Also makes me wonder what other comedians of the time thought of the 3 Stooges. 

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Offline Rich Finegan

I was looking on that corbisimages.com website and decided to type in Curly Howard to see if there were any other pictures of him, and I found this one with Jimmy Durante. I had never seen it and think it is an awesome picture of Curly!

Great picture!
Thanks for finding it and sharing it.

But it made me think...we know that Curly wasn't crazy about his shaved head look, specially out in public where he might feel he's not attarctive to the ladies. So I wondered why in this photo his head is so cleanly shaven. Were he and The Stooges working on a film at the time? Checking shooting dates of The Three Stooges shorts sure enough I see that when this photo was taken (October 25, 1937) The Stooges had just finished shooting the short "Termites of 1938" (filmed from October 19 through 23, 1937).

Unfortunately for Curly, he didn't have long to grow his hair back...he was back to work at Columbia on November 12 to start work on "Wee Wee Monsieur".

Offline Senorita Rita

Love it! There's something surrealistically awesome about seeing photos of the stooges off screen and in the "real" world. And check these out:

http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargement/Enlargement.aspx?id=JS1565398&tab=details&caller=search
http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargement/Enlargement.aspx?id=U282679ACME&tab=details&caller=search

But it made me think...we know that Curly wasn't crazy about his shaved head look, specially out in public where he might feel he's not attarctive to the ladies. So I wondered why in this photo his head is so cleanly shaven. Were he and The Stooges working on a film at the time? Checking shooting dates of The Three Stooges shorts sure enough I see that when this photo was taken (October 25, 1937) The Stooges had just finished shooting the short "Termites of 1938" (filmed from October 19 through 23, 1937).

Unfortunately for Curly, he didn't have long to grow his hair back...he was back to work at Columbia on November 12 to start work on "Wee Wee Monsieur".

Reading the book One Fine Stooge, I got the impression that the idea of Curly being ashamed of his appearance is overblown. According to the interview in that book, after some initial awkwardness, he actually took pride in his stooge cut once they became popular.
...to say the least, if not less...

Offline FineBari3

Love it! There's something surrealistically awesome about seeing photos of the stooges off screen and in the "real" world. And check these out:

http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargement/Enlargement.aspx?id=JS1565398&tab=details&caller=search

I love this picture because Curly is playing the drums, and he is holding the stick in his left hand correctly!  (I'm a drummer, so I know).  I wouldn't be surprised if he could really play!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Curly4444

Reading the book One Fine Stooge, I got the impression that the idea of Curly being ashamed of his appearance is overblown. According to the interview in that book, after some initial awkwardness, he actually took pride in his stooge cut once they became popular.

I think so, because wasnt he a ladies man and a party-er?  Which affected his health later on.