Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges on DVD Volumes 1 to 8

Peter · 3 · 4868

Offline Peter

Hello from the UK to everyone

I would just like to add my two penneth to the praises bestowed upon the people responsible for the 8 volume DVD set of The Three Stooges in chronological order.

We in the UK have not had any Three Stooges screened on telly since the early 1990's and then only occasionally on a Saturday before horse racing.  I reckon I managed to obtain no more than about 20 shorts through this method.

A few years later, I purchased the 12-DVD box set from Amazon which was from my point of view excellent as there were so many films I'd never seen.

Finally, all 190 Columbia shorts are available on DVD and in this day and age, multi-region DVD players are very easy to buy (in England anyway).   So now I am watching so many for the first time - even the ones considered their least-funny ones are greatly appreciated by myself.

Now, if only someone would release "Have Rocket, Will Travel".

Thanks once again to those responsible.

Peter

Offline Curly4444

Its awesome isnt it. I wish other TV programs would receive the same treatment. I'm a big looney tunes fan, and wish they would release them all in order. Or at least have character sets with all their episodes. All they have now is these random episodes sets like the stooges use to.

Offline FineBari3

Hello from the UK to everyone

I would just like to add my two penneth to the praises bestowed upon the people responsible for the 8 volume DVD set of The Three Stooges in chronological order.

We in the UK have not had any Three Stooges screened on telly since the early 1990's and then only occasionally on a Saturday before horse racing.  I reckon I managed to obtain no more than about 20 shorts through this method.

That's great, Peter!

I have never owned all of the shorts either, but not having them on TV! Wow!  I do like the part that you mention they show them before horse racing, though!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson