General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

the drink they were selling

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dunrobin:
The answers you are looking for are:

* (1) The drink they were selling was Brighto (which was supposed to be a medicine, which the Stooges didn't understand at first.)
* (2) The name of the episode is Dizzy Doctors. [skal]

Dog Hambone:
The cheer "We are morons tried and true, and we'll do our yell for you'' was Moe, Larry & Curly in Half-Wits Holiday.

Pilsner Panther:

--- Quote from: Dunrobin on January 30, 2005, 02:06:18 PM ---The answers you are looking for are:

* (1) The drink they were selling was Brighto (which was supposed to be a medicine, which the Stooges didn't understand at first.)
* (2) The name of the episode is Dizzy Doctors. [skal]

--- End quote ---

A "medicine" that you're supposed to drink, yet it can take the paint right off a car! No matter how many times I see that scene (and Vernon Dent's reaction), it always cracks me up. One of the funniest Stooges gags of all, and based on reality— back then, there were all sorts of quack remedies for sale, with all kinds of home-brewed ingredients in them... some not only worthless, but poisonous, too, just like Brighto would have been.

:o

Dunrobin:

--- Quote from: Pilsner Panther ---A "medicine" that you're supposed to drink, yet it can take the paint right off a car!
--- End quote ---
Not to mention what it does to Bud Jamison's uniform or that poor guy's hair!   :o

Dog Hambone:
I think Moe's line sums it all up. Larry & Curly can't decide what Brighto's uses are, & Moe says, "You boys really want to know what it's for? It's for sale!"

And let's not forget the jingle:
Brighto, Brighto, makes old bodies new
We'll sell a million bottles
Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version