General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

the drink they were selling

<< < (4/4)

vincent:
youre right - amalgamated morons must just be a childhood memory of mine, possibly from another episode\

ThumpTheShoes:

--- Quote from: vincent on June 02, 2006, 04:39:41 PM ---youre right - amalgamated morons must just be a childhood memory of mine, possibly from another episode\

--- End quote ---
No, that was in two shorts that I can think of, offhand:

Half-Wits' Holiday
Pies and Guys

Was it in another? It doesn't matter, anyway. We should have official sets one day, and you'll be able to relive those childhood memories in glorious, standard definition DVD quality, lovingly downconverted from high-definition masters...
Just in time for everyone to fuss that they should have been released on HD, Blu-Ray, or whatever format becomes dominant...
Furthermore, by the time we get to the later Shemp and Joe Besser sets, we may all be too old and senile to enjoy them anyway!

Where's that Fountain of Youth when you need it?

-Thump

Dog Hambone:
Although this has nothing to do with Dizzy Doctors or the topic (the drink they were selling), the name of their union was Amalgamated Association of Morons, Local 6 7/8.

I kind of agree with NyukNyuk. Although we obviously have differences of opinion about Dizzy Doctors being THE best of the Stooges shorts, it is soitenly far & away one of my favorites. I love it when Larry's wife calls him a "weasel faced porcupine". 

Hammond Eggar:
Let's not forget the scene in which Curly hitches a ride with a guy.  When the man makes a U-turn in his car, Curly tells him to stop stating, "this is as far as I go."  I always get a kick out of that. :laugh:

aipc29:
That drink they were selling was Brighto, a snake-oil MEDICINE. This short was my favorite of all time, "Dizzy Doctors." Remember,  "Brighto, Brighto makes old bodies new! We'll sell a million bottles, woo-woo-woo-woo!"     Thank you Curley.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version