Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2010 Fan Club Meeting

Guest · 24 · 5341

Offline JazzBill

Anybody from here planning on attending the meeting in Pennsylvania at the end of the month ?  [whoo]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline curlysdame

I definitely am!  I just have to send Frank my check and I'm all squared away.  'Can't wait!!
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline FineBari3

Absolutely!

I will be there Friday afternoon!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Rich Finegan

Anybody from here planning on attending the meeting in Pennsylvania at the end of the month ?  [whoo]

There must be more who are planning to attend! Who else?
I definitely plan to. I've never missed one yet, going back to the first Convention in 1987.

How about you, Dunrobin? Can you finally make it this year?

Offline fasteddiek

I will be there, this will be my second, had a great time last year, met JazzBill and plan to get together with him this year, the banquet was awesome, the auction was fun, bourse room was good, meeting the family and co-stars was way cool, getting autographs, etc....Gary sure does a wonderful job along with Frank and all the others that put on this extravaganza!! if you have not attended one of these meetings....you don't know how much fun you are missing!! looking forward to seeing Jay (Moe) Novelli and crew, wow! I can't wait!!! See you all there, I'm the "big" guy 6'5" 280. Say "Hi" to me and the wife (Donna) if you see us!!
Peace
Fast Eddie K [3stooges]

Offline fasteddiek

We are going for our second year! What a wonderful time we had last year! If you are a Stooge Fan this is the place to be, a nice bourse to add "Stuff" to my coolection, meeting and chatting with Stooge family memebers, Autographs of family members and co-stars, a fantastic banquet with an auction afterwards, Fun? Hell ya! Meeting new friends like Jazz Bill and Jay "Moevelli", the Stoogeum, WOW what a place!! Gary, Frank, and all who put on this EXTRAVAGANZA Thank-You Thank-You, Thank-You! Donna and I will arrive Friday afternoon, I'm the big guy 6'5" 280 lbs if ya see us by all means say "Hello!" If anyone's going to that restaurant with the big Larry Fine mural Friday or Saturday we would love to tag along, never ben there. Hope to see you all and meet some new friends FridAY!
Regards
Fast Eddie K

Offline FineBari3

We are going for our second year! What a wonderful time we had last year! If you are a Stooge Fan this is the place to be, a nice bourse to add "Stuff" to my coolection, meeting and chatting with Stooge family memebers, Autographs of family members and co-stars, a fantastic banquet with an auction afterwards, Fun? Hell ya! Meeting new friends like Jazz Bill and Jay "Moevelli", the Stoogeum, WOW what a place!! Gary, Frank, and all who put on this EXTRAVAGANZA Thank-You Thank-You, Thank-You! Donna and I will arrive Friday afternoon, I'm the big guy 6'5" 280 lbs if ya see us by all means say "Hello!" If anyone's going to that restaurant with the big Larry Fine mural Friday or Saturday we would love to tag along, never ben there. Hope to see you all and meet some new friends FridAY!
Regards
Fast Eddie K

I will be there Friday in the late afternoon, and I imagine I will be at the Stoogeum that evening. I will be doing registration as usual on Saturday morning with Kay Lhota. I will try to be there at 9 AM this year!

The bar is called Jon's and you can read about it here http://www.southstreet.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=317&Itemid=12

There has been an informal get together for lunch on Friday afternoon for years. They usually like to eat outside.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline fasteddiek

Thank-You Mar-Jean, We look forward to seeing you this year!! [cool]

Offline JazzBill

Packing up the bike right now. Hope to get there early afternoon friday.   [occasion14]

Offline hiramhorwitz

My younger son, 88 year old father, and I will be there on Saturday.  Can't wait!! 

Offline FineBari3

Wishing Bill a safe and wonderful trip on his bike! Don't forget the allergey medication...it's BAD here in Pittsburgh!

Nice to see that your Old Man is coming again, Scott! He's a howl!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline hiramhorwitz

Nice to see that your Old Man is coming again, Scott! He's a howl!
Yeah, my dad's a good guy.  He lost part of his zest for life when my mom died in 2008, but I'm sure he'll be in good spirits at the Fan Club Meeting.  See you Saturday!

Offline mankey8284

Insert Quote
Since I am a Porcupine, lol I can't start a new topic yet and I didn't know where to post this question. I was wondering if anyone has the 1988 Winter issue of the Stooges journal? Or does anyone have the picture of Curly serving his ex wife Elaine breakfast in bed? Please let me know if anyone has it  ;D
"I'm trying to think and nothing happens!" ~Curly
"I lost my ba-lance." ~Larry
"I'll knock your head right through your socks" ~Moe
"There I am pretty as a picture. Yeah, of an ape" ~Shemp and Moe
"Is that the sun up there? I don't know I'm new in town" ~Larry and Curly
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What stupid, imbecilic fool put that u--I did! Oh, am I dumb" ~Larry
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry
"Do you know what that paper was? Hot?" ~Moe & Curly

Offline JazzBill

Just got home from the Fan Club meeting. What a great time. This was the best one I've been to yet. There was a nice turn out, I enjoyed the guests that attended this year. It was nice to see some of my old familiar friends and meet some new people. Who says the Stooges and their fans are low-brow? We even had a Opera singer in attendance that performed for us. How cool is that? I really want to thank Gary and all the people that help him for the great job they do.

Offline curlysdame

What a great time. This was the best one I've been to yet. There was a nice turn out.  I really want to thank Gary and all the people that help him for the great job they do.

I had a fantastic time this year.  I agree Jazzbill, definitely the best one I've been to yet.  It seemed like there were way more people this year, than last year.  It was fun to see the Howard and Server families again, and I had a great time talking to Rich, Mar-Jean, and John.  I met a lot of really cool people this year.  I'll definitely have some pics to post in the next couple of days.  Job well done to Gary and everyone who worked to put it together this year.  Thanks a million!   [clap] [clap]   Already looking forward to 2011!!!
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Rich Finegan

I had a fantastic time this year.  I agree Jazzbill, definitely the best one I've been to yet.  It seemed like there were way more people this year, than last year.  It was fun to see the Howard and Server families again, and I had a great time talking to Rich, Mar-Jean, and John.  I met a lot of really cool people this year.  I'll definitely have some pics to post in the next couple of days.  Job well done to Gary and everyone who worked to put it together this year.  Thanks a million! Already looking forward to 2011!!!
Hi Sarah:
Glad you enjoyed our short chats (how many hours was it?) (Not enough!)
The time spent with you was definitely a highlight of the Meeting for me this year. Sorry I missed saying goodbye Sunday. I hope your trip home was fun and problem-free.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
A few pics from the weekend bash...

Joyce Gardner, SOCK-A-BYE BABY (1942)

Marilyn Hanold, SPACE SHIP SAPPY (1957), & her daughter Sabrina

Marilyn Ellman, Curly's daughter

Offline mankey8284

awesome pictures, looked like fun, too bad I couldn't make it  :-[
"I'm trying to think and nothing happens!" ~Curly
"I lost my ba-lance." ~Larry
"I'll knock your head right through your socks" ~Moe
"There I am pretty as a picture. Yeah, of an ape" ~Shemp and Moe
"Is that the sun up there? I don't know I'm new in town" ~Larry and Curly
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What stupid, imbecilic fool put that u--I did! Oh, am I dumb" ~Larry
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry
"Do you know what that paper was? Hot?" ~Moe & Curly

Offline fasteddiek

Hey Folks! Well it was a most Fantastic trip to the Fan Club Meeting this year!! A great turnout it was! It was great hangin' out with JazzBill and seeing some friends we met last year, and meeting new friends like curlysdame  :o (sound of Donna hitting me w/frying pan) "Hey! whadidya do that for? I didn't say nothin'!" says Fast Eddie. "That's for what you were thinkin'" replies Donna. Anyway folks, it was a great time, the guests were gracious, the Stooges family members were awesome, friendly, and accommodating. Hey, wish I found that party on the fourth floor! The banquet was quite good, with a decent selection. The opera singer was a bonus, I think everyone enjoyed her angelic voice! The auction was fun as it usually is. Paul Howard did a skit, and I'll tell you what, I did not realize it was him until he was almost done! Acting does run in the family cause he was GOOD! If you have never been, you DON'T KNOW what you are M ISSING ;D! Thanks to Gary Lassin for his Love and devotion to the Stooges and this Fan Club Meeting every year, thanks also to all those behind the scenes people who do so much too! Peace!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Montgomery News article on the Fan Club Meeting, with some video highlights.

Offline garystooge

I can always use photos from the event for possible inclusion in The Journal...if anyone has pics they can send me, please email to: garystooge@aol.com

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Offline 2reelers

Just wondering how the short SHOW BUSINESS with Thelma Todd and Zasu Pitts went over. It was an earlier version of what would become A PAIN IN THE PULLMAN. I provided Frank with the copy to run at the fan club meeting.

One day I'll get there!

Greg

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Just wondering how the short SHOW BUSINESS with Thelma Todd and Zasu Pitts went over. It was an earlier version of what would become A PAIN IN THE PULLMAN. I provided Frank with the copy to run at the fan club meeting.

SHOW BUSINESS was for The Two Tars Tent's (Philadelphia chapter of The Sons of the Desert) spring banquet, a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the banquet's film schedule ran late, and Paul Kreft had to set SB aside for another time.

(Paul Kreft is a traditionalist when it comes to the Stooges weekend film schedule... only 16mm is screened.)

Offline 2reelers

Ah....thanks for clearing that up Brent. When Frank contacted me, I just guessed it was for the Stooge Fan Club meeting. Anyways, if I had a 16mm print of SHOW BUSINESS, I would have sent that instead.

Well, when it comes time to screen SB, hope everyone who attends the next Two Tars Tent banquet enjoys it!