Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2010 Baseball - For Those Of Us Who Care

metaldams · 320 · 50228

Offline Curly4444

Offline Justin T

The Ranger players need to put bags over their faces.  ::)

Good idea, they probably can't wait to get back to Texas for Game 3 after what's happened
tonight.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well for a team that supposedly can't score runs the Giants have outscored Texas 20-7 in the first two games. Great job by Matt Cain even if he spells the last name wrong.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

Well it aint lookin good for the Rangers. They said when a team is up 2-0, that team usually wins like 41 out of 50 something times.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I think it was 40 out of 51, but yeah the odds are against Texas.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Justin T

Well it aint lookin good for the Rangers. They said when a team is up 2-0, that team usually wins like 41 out of 50 something times.

Teams that have gone up 2-0 in the World Series have won 40 out of 51 times. That's pretty darn good.

The last team to overcome a 2-0 deficit to win the WS was the 1996 Yankees, I have many fond memories
of that one. The first World Series Championship I witnessed since I became a Yankee fan in 1990.
The Braves dominated in the first two games in NY but then they turned it around and won the
next 4 in a row to win the Series.

So it's not impossible for the Rangers to turn this around, but right now it's not looking good for them.
Game 3 has turned into a must win, they cant afford to go down 3 games to 0.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline Curly4444

Well the fox announcers were claiming that the two ranger lefty's, would give them an advantage in game 3 & 4. Will see. I aint holding my breath.

That true, anything is possible Justin. Would be nice to see a closer series.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The Rangers need to come back and make this a good Series for the benefit of MLB. Otherwise we will see articles about how low the ratings are and how FOX and MLB depend on East Coast teams for ratings.

Offline curlysdame

The Rangers need to come back and make this a good Series for the benefit of MLB. Otherwise we will see articles about how low the ratings are and how FOX and MLB depend on East Coast teams for ratings.

As much as I want The Giants to win, I really hope The Series gets taken back to SF.  2 reasons: 1) it'd draw things out a little more (c'mon, Rangers, give us a run for our money here).  2)  I would love to see a home field win.  Both of our post season clinches have been on the road.  I wanna see AT&T Park erupt!

Ugh, I've always hated FOX.  I'm at the point where I have to put the TV on mute, and listen along with the local radio commentary (gotta love Kruk and Kuip!).  It may be a few seconds ahead of the FOX broadcast, but anything is better than listening to Joe Buck.  Uggh.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline metaldams

As much as I want The Giants to win, I really hope The Series gets taken back to SF.  2 reasons: 1) it'd draw things out a little more (c'mon, Rangers, give us a run for our money here).  2)  I would love to see a home field win.  Both of our post season clinches have been on the road.  I wanna see AT&T Park erupt!

Ugh, I've always hated FOX.  I'm at the point where I have to put the TV on mute, and listen along with the local radio commentary (gotta love Kruk and Kuip!).  It may be a few seconds ahead of the FOX broadcast, but anything is better than listening to Joe Buck.  Uggh.

As a fan of a team who has won two World Series on the road in the past decade, I can safely say from experience you'll take your World Series win anyway you can get it.

So much for the Giants not being able to score five runs.  Sheesh!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Mooreland crushed that ball to give Texas a much needed 3-0 lead. Facing the wild Sanchez could be the wake up call this team needs to make this Series competitive.

So far the first two Series games have an average of 8.7, slightly above the 8.65 of 2008, but down significantly from the 11.8 the first two games of 09 averaged. I looked into it and in WS' that have gone the distance Game 7 scores well above the previous games.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Very good game to get the Rangers back into the Series; the best game of the Series so far. Colby Lewis with another great pitching outing and Feliz was throwing nothing but gas in the 9th. Big sports day tomorrow with football and Game 4, stupid little costumed brats better not bother me or I'll steal their candy.

Offline metaldams

I watched the game at a sports bar in the Philly area, and it was dead as Hell.  I'm the only person in my area who's interested in the World Series.

Glad the Rangers won, as it's a Series again. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

This World Series hasn't been anything special for the impartial viewer, but game 1 was the best of the 3 so far. A Rangers win tonight to even at 2-2 would go a long way in making it interesting in a hurry.

Offline falsealarms

After tonight's game, it's pretty clear that SF is going to win this series.... now I'd just prefer they finish it at home. At least that'd be fun to see.

Offline Justin T

After tonight's game, it's pretty clear that SF is going to win this series.... now I'd just prefer they finish it at home. At least that'd be fun to see.

Yeah, it's not looking very good for The Rangers right now. Giants up 4-0 right now in the Top of the 9th.
Awesome pitching from Madison Bumgarner. 3 Hit Shutout, very impressive.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline Justin T

Wilson and his Beard with a 1-2-3 9th to finish the Giants 4-0 Win

Giants up 3 Games to 1 now, not looking good for the Rangers at all.
I bet their happy Cliff Lee is going for them in Game 5 to try and avoid elimination.

Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Great pitching will beat great hitting 95% of the time. The Rangers need Cliff Lee to be back to usual form tomorrow.

Offline metaldams

21 year old Bumgarner throws 8 shoutout innings while 7 year $126 million Barry Zito sits on the bench the entire post season.  Ouch.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This World Series hasn't been anything special for the impartial viewer, but game 1 was the best of the 3 so far. A Rangers win tonight to even at 2-2 would go a long way in making it interesting in a hurry.

I would beg to differ in regards to the best game of the Series. My pick thus far would be Game 3, which had the best combined pitching, or perhaps yesterday's Game 4. I prefer watching watching great pitching to high scoring.

Offline Curly4444

I hope the rangers win it tonight. I like to see the giants win it at their home park.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This is what I'm talking about: a good pitcher's duel.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Renteria might have delivered the death blow. Why couldn't he do such things with the Red Sox?

Offline Justin T

Renteria might have delivered the death blow. Why couldn't he do such things with the Red Sox?

I'm thinking its the Death Blow too, the ironic thing is Renteria had the game winning hit in Game 7
of the 97 World Series to win the championship for the Marlins over the Indians, and he may have
just delivered the Giants first title in 56 years with that 3 run blast.

What a game, amazing pitching duel between Lee and Lincecum but that 7th inning may have done
them in.

If this holds up, I never thought the Giants would be able to beat Cliff Lee TWICE in the World Series.
But they have been the better team, they have outplayed the Rangers and if they can hold on to this
lead and win they will have earned the championship

Cruz with a solo homer to make it 3-1.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline Justin T

And that's all she wrote, The Giants end their 56 year drought and win the World Series over
the Texas Rangers in 5 Games. Incredible

Congratulations to all Giants fans, it's been a long time, enjoy it because your team earned it.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"