Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2010 Baseball - For Those Of Us Who Care

metaldams · 320 · 51384

Offline Curly4444

Offline Justin T

CC pitches a good game, the offense finally wakes up and Yankees win 7-2 to force Game 6
back in Texas. Nice to see the team finally play well with their backs up against the wall.

Were going to need Hughes to pitch well Friday. That's alot of pressure.

Right now the Giants are up on the Phillies 2-0 in the 4th, Philles are struggiling at the plate.
The Giants pitching is alot better than I thought, although I've always considered Tim Lincecum
top notch.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Hughes is a big bowl of nothing. Besides, even if the Skanks win Game 6 they get Lee in Game 7. No chance.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
A great game so far today. Pitching has been good but not great. Sorry Sarah but I'm pulling for the Phils because I want this series to continue.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

A great game so far today. Pitching has been good but not great. Sorry Sarah but I'm pulling for the Phils because I want this series to continue.
You got your wish.

Offline metaldams

I think it's great we have two LCSes going to game 6.  Halladay was not at his best but he managed to survive anyway and turn in a quality start and more importantly, a win.

The overall baseball fan in me is loving all this baseball, but the Red Sox fan in me is sick of Liverpool soccer.  Let's get the friggin' hot stove burning already!

Oh, and like I mentioned in another thread, I have wisdom tooth surgery tomorrow, all four, two impacted.  I'll physically be in agony, so I really need Texas to come through to ease the pain!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Pitching wise I think Game 6 is pretty much even. Hughes has a better record than Lewis (18-8 vs 12-13) BUT Lewis has an ERA that is almost half a run better (3.72 vs 4.19). All the records show me is that Hughes received more run support than Lewis during the season. I'm expecting Texas to close it out tomorrow but if they don't I know they will with Lee on the mound in Game 7. It must be nice to have that beast waiting in the wings as a backup.

The NLCS games have been better than the ALCS. Much closer and competitive. I hope the World Series goes 7 (and that the Skanks are absent).

Offline metaldams

Pitching wise I think Game 6 is pretty much even. Hughes has a better record than Lewis (18-8 vs 12-13) BUT Lewis has an ERA that is almost half a run better (3.72 vs 4.19). All the records show me is that Hughes received more run support than Lewis during the season. I'm expecting Texas to close it out tomorrow but if they don't I know they will with Lee on the mound in Game 7. It must be nice to have that beast waiting in the wings as a backup.

The NLCS games have been better than the ALCS. Much closer and competitive. I hope the World Series goes 7 (and that the Skanks are absent).

As great as Lee is, I believe the Yanks will match him with Pettite.  While Lee is better overall, Pettite has a great postseason resume and is capable of beating anyone on any given night.  I'd feel much better if Texas can win game 6.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline curlysdame

I'm not worried.  We'll just have to clinch it on Saturday.   [cool]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Is it just me or is Girardi a terrible manager? You have a runner on third with 2 out and Vlad on deck. He walks Hamilton and Vlad strokes a double and both runs score. What a moron.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Cue Steam and tell the Mooks to kiss the Skanks goodbye. Hope you're feeling better Doug.

Offline Justin T

Its 5 to 1 now....ugh. That was a costly move walking Hamilton to get to Vlad.  They did it
because he hasn't been hitting much in the series. They thought they could get to him and instead
he hits a double.

Unless they pull off a comeback like in Game 1, looks like I'm going to have to look foward
to next season instead.

Well played Rangers, well played.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Ok then, what was the point of walking the bases loaded to give the Rangers another run in the 8th? They are already down 5-1 so why not pitch to those guys? Face it Justin, Girardi is a fucking retard. He managed poorly throughout the series and with the exception of the two games they won the Skanks got their asses handed to them by a team that, while talented, has less talent than they do.

Offline Curly4444

The skanks are dead, the skanks are Dead. Woo Hoo!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D [cool] [cool] [cool] [cool] [cool] :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry. Justin T

I'd love to see the Rangers win it all.

Offline Justin T

The skanks are dead, the skanks are Dead. Woo Hoo!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D [cool] [cool] [cool] [cool] [cool] :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry. Justin T

I'd love to see the Rangers win it all.

It's ok, The Rangers earned this. While I believe we have the more talented team, they outplayed
the Yankees, its that simple. We did not play well, There are no excuses.

As for Girardi, I don't know Shemps. He can make both good and bad decisions. Like putting
Robertson in after Hughes when he's not been reliable the last few games and he gives up more
runs. I would have sent in Kerry Wood, he the only guy in the bullpen who has been lights out
for us lately. It does bother me, alot.

Anway, my Yankees are done. Gotta wait till next year.

Good luck to the Rangers, their going to need it.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
One thing that mustn't be forgotten is the performance by Colby Lewis in this series and especially tonight. It's thanks to him that the Rangers will have Cliff Lee ready for Game 1 of the World Series.

What is kind of sad is that now I'll have to deal with the FOX commentators, Buck and McCarver, who are awful instead of the much better TBS outfit. What's sad for FOX is that unless the Series is competitive (which I believe it will be whether it's the Phils or Giants) this will not bring in the ratings.

Offline metaldams

The Hamilton/Vlad thing was a pick your poison move.  Logically, I can understand why Girardi did it the first two times.  As good as Vlad is, Hamilton is better (especially this series) and with Hughes being a righty, I think Girardi preferred the righty Vs. righty match-up.  There was an open base and two outs as well, so those first two times, I completely understand why Girardi did it.  The 8th inning, on the other hand, made zero sense.  Then there were no outs and a man on second.  You're down by four, so with no outs, the last thing you need is another guy on base.  If you truly don't trust Wood to face Hamilton in that situation, you either go to a lefty in the pen or better yet, just throw in Mariano.

Fortunately, I am feeling better!  Yes, my mouth is soar, and I am living on a diet of soup, cottage cheese, and applesauce, but today is Yankee elimination day.  Piranha's can be gnawing at my testicles all day and I'd still be happy.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Justin T

One thing that mustn't be forgotten is the performance by Colby Lewis in this series and especially tonight. It's thanks to him that the Rangers will have Cliff Lee ready for Game 1 of the World Series.

What is kind of sad is that now I'll have to deal with the FOX commentators, Buck and McCarver, who are awful instead of the much better TBS outfit. What's sad for FOX is that unless the Series is competitive (which I believe it will be whether it's the Phils or Giants) this will not bring in the ratings.

Yeah, Lewis was outstanding tonight. Having Cliff Lee for Game 1 is important.

Yeah, Buck and McCarver get on my nerves alot. The TBS guys are alot better.

Oh and FOX will not be happy if its Rangers vs Giants, unless it goes 6 or 7 Games the ratings will not be high.
Rangers vs Phillies would probably be better in their view.

I love how this baseball reporter on ESPN.com posted a video where he said screw the Baseball and Fox Executives for
wanting a Yankees/Phillies rematch because it will bring in the ratings. He said its better for baseball if its Rangers/Giants
because the Yankees and Phillies have won enough lately, its time for someone new. Plus you have the Rangers
who haven't won a World Series yet vs the Giants who haven't won it since they left NY and moved to San Fran, that's
over 50 years without a championship. They blew it in 2002 vs the Angels and those fans out there want another shot.

I don't care who the Rangers face, as long as the games are entertaining and competitive. The Giants/Phillies games
have been great to watch.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Do you have a link for that video or the name of the reporter? I can't seem to find it and would like to see it.

Offline metaldams

You guys can complain about Fox broadcasters all you want, but nothing compares to the horrors of ESPN Sunday Night Baseball.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Offline Justin T

Do you have a link for that video or the name of the reporter? I can't seem to find it and would like to see it.

The guy's name is Jim Caple, try this link and see if it works
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5712507&categoryid=2521705
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Doug - I like Jon Miller and Joe Morgan much more than Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. Joe's father Jack was awesome, but that goes to show that broadcasting is not genetic. I will say that Buck is much more palatable when doing NFL PBP with Troy Aikman so perhaps it is McCarver who is the truly awful one (kind of like how Jerry Lawler would bring down Jim Ross during WWF shows).

Justin - Thanks. I should have known it was Caple, an avowed Red Sox fan and author of The Devil Wears Pinstripes (which is a good read). He does make a good point: if it is always the East Coast teams that make the World Series the rest of the country will be left out of the party. I too am rooting for the Giants to beat the Phils BUT not before we get a Game 7.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I have to get this off one of my chest, concerning Josh Hamilton and Christian athletes in general. I find it really annoying when after a big win they say something like "the glory goes to Jesus" or "I'd to thank God" etc. I did not see Jesus Christ out there in a Texas Rangers uniform Josh, and if I have it all wrong and their is indeed a "God" (whether it be Yahweh or some other deity) I would doubt that they would give two shits about a fucking baseball game. The "glory" goes to the Texas Rangers team and organization for playing some damn good baseball, not to Jesus or any other imaginary friend.

Offline Curly4444

I have to get this off one of my chest, concerning Josh Hamilton and Christian athletes in general. I find it really annoying when after a big win they say something like "the glory goes to Jesus" or "I'd to thank God" etc. I did not see Jesus Christ out there in a Texas Rangers uniform Josh, and if I have it all wrong and their is indeed a "God" (whether it be Yahweh or some other deity) I would doubt that they would give two shits about a fucking baseball game. The "glory" goes to the Texas Rangers team and organization for playing some damn good baseball, not to Jesus or any other imaginary friend.

Its an image thing. Some like to sound off and tell everyone there god loving people. Its like that with alot of Jewish Comedians. They cant go 5 minutes without letting you know their Jewish.

But don't go hate'n all us Christians, as not all of us go around mouthing off and letting you know were Christians. I don't do it, and im sure there's alot more players that don't.

PS: I Don't appreciate my god being called an Imaginary friend, so lets keep the religions views out of this thread.

PS#2: I bet you hate country music, as they give thanks to god all the time.  ;D