Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

WTAF-TV29 Philadelphia - Stooges title card

moglia · 2 · 1169

Offline moglia

Hi,

Found an old 110 photo [anybody remember those?] I took as a small child in the early 1980's. It was of the title card displayed during commercial break during WTAF-TV29 Philadelphia's Stooges airings. I seem to remember the Stooges were on in the afternoon at 3:30 or 4 pm? I did not live in the Philly market, TV29 it was on my cable system for a time in the early 80's. After I took the pic. it was a month or 2 to get the photo back, in that time either the channel was pulled from my cable system or they stopped airing the Stooges so I never got a chance at another that was better centered to include the T.

Always thought it was weird they chose a DeRita image.

Hope it brings back some good memories to someone else

Offline Lefty

Channel 29, now our Fox Network channel (can't win 'em all), broadcast the Stooges not only in the early 1980s, but through most of the decade AND throughout the 1970s.  Yes, they were on weekday afternoons for an hour.  Of course, more commercials meant "editing" of some of the shorts.  Surprisingly, I do not recall that picture, but I do remember the shape of the "29" in station ID.