Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges(2011)

Curly4444 · 117 · 18819

Offline Curly4444

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383010/

So who's excited about this new three stooges movie?

I want to know if this is going to be set in the 30's, and progress in time and show the stooges career? Or is it going to be in the present, and just tell a story of three funny guys that just happen to have the names of Moe, Larry, and Curly/Shemp?

The casting kinda sucks, Sean Penn as Larry. Give me a friggin break hes no comedian? Benicio Del Toro as moe? God help us all!! None of these guys Are comedians. Man who will they get for Curly, maybe Bruce willis, Homer Simpson, or maybe Howie mandel ?  [banghead] [bitchin]

Opinions????

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Actaully, we've discussed that disaster-waiting-to-happen* several times over the years:

Who would you like to see play the Stooges?

The Farrelley Brothers Stooge Movie...

Farrelly Brothers' Movie

* I guess that tips you off on how I feel about it   ;)

Offline metaldams

So who's excited about this new three stooges movie?

When this thread is over, you'll still be asking this question.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

When this thread is over, you'll still be asking this question.

HAHAHAHA!  [pound]

I think that most people on this board, and on the Fan Club group are enjoying the slow and painful death this piece of crap deserves.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Curly4444

Ok, i see this has been talked about before, but those topics are dead(hopefully the movie too  >:D )  Since its still being planed and for the new people like me, we may still want to talk about it?

Man oh man are you serious they thought about making curly a woman? What a cheap ploy to get women to go and see the movie.  >:(  I don't understand why they dont get comedians to play the role? Well known actors are not.

I thought the actors they had in that 2000 TV movie did a pretty good job.

Offline Rhinosaurus

I would love to get my hands on the 2000 tv movie on dvd.

Has there been any threads on this? Why will they not release that movie?

The only way to watch it is my old VHS tape and on youtube, and the version on youtube is missing about 20 mins worth of scenes, sadly.

Offline Curly4444

I know it sucks. With all the other crap they put on DVD, i don't understand why this isn't on DVD?

Offline falsealarms

Offline ProfessorStooge

The 2000 Three Stooges TV movie got released on VHS, although not in retail stores. It was distributed to TV Academy voters for Emmy consideration. Ted Healy's son described the film as "inaccurate" and I happen to agree with that. There were several mistakes regarding the Stooges' history.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 07:46:25 PM by ProfessorStooge »

Offline FineBari3

The 2000 Three Stooges TV movie got released on VHS, although not in retail stores. It was distributed to TV Academy voters for Emmy consideration. Ted Healy's son described the film as "innacurate" and I happen to agree with that. There were several mistakes regarding the Stooges' history.

I'll still defend it....I didn't think it was that bad.  I usually reference The Glenn Miller Story when I talk about it. That was a very good movie, and about 1/100 of it was true.

If you know your Stooges history, there are some things that will irk you. A great perfomance by Michael Chicklis (hubba, hubba) as Curly.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline middlenamewayne

Man oh man are you serious they thought about making curly a woman?

Well, honestly, Rosie O'Donnell or Rosanne would make as good a Curly as any of the males who have been touted in the role...

...and if Sinead O'Connor would just agree to put on the weight, it could be her big comeback!

- mnw

Offline Curly4444

Yeah, but the stooges were a comedy brother trio of three(well 4 with shemp), so a woman in any role wouldn't makes sense.

...and if Sinead O'Connor would just agree to put on the weight, it could be her big comeback!

Well she really is a man, so that makes sense.  [angel9]

Offline middlenamewayne

Yeah, but the stooges were a comedy brother trio of three (well 4 with shemp), so a woman in any role wouldn't makes sense.

Hollywood only cares if it'll make DOLLARS! Anyhow -- I can imagine the runaway success that would be The Three Stoogettes, with Ellen DeGeneres gettin' mean as Mae, Phyllis Diller lookin' "fine" as Carrie, and roly-poly Rosie O'Donnell filling the screen as Curly-Sue! In their first episode "Crime of the Month", Curly-Sue goes on a PMS rampage every time she hears the song "I Want To Know What Love Is" and can only be stopped by satisfying her sweet tooth ("Mae! Carrie! The cheesecake! Mae! Carrie! The cheesecake!")

Plus Sarah Jessica Parker would be a "shoe-in" to play ugly ol' Shemp (Shempella?) because, as Family Guy's Peter Griffin says, "She's got a face like a foot!"

- mnw

Offline FineBari3

Plus Sarah Jessica Parker would be a "shoe-in" to play ugly ol' Shemp (Shempella?) because, as Family Guy's Peter Griffin says, "She's got a face like a foot!"

YES!!!!!!

Oh, man...that's funny! 
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Seamus

"And that's when I realized that men are like a drug.  Sometimes they bring you down, and sometimes they...<*SLAP*><*POKE*>...OW MY EYES I CAN'T SEE I CAN'T SEE!!"

I wish this would happen.

Offline metaldams

Sarah Jessica Parker's what me and my friends call "butter face."  Everything "but her" face.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

Imagine if Dee Green, Symona Boniface and Muriel "Tiny" Landers had been The Three Stoogettes back in the 50's.  Okay, if you can't get Muriel Landers, you could have gotten Joe Besser.  He could have worked as either a Stooge or a Stoogette.

Offline middlenamewayne

Okay, if you can't get Muriel Landers, you could have gotten Joe Besser.  He could have worked as either a Stooge or a Stoogette.

Oh, you! Cut it out! That's cuh-RAY-zee!!!

- mnw

Offline FineBari3

I sure hope this movie goes through, it was suppose to be out this year but now it's next year, what's going on?  :-[

I think the project has been going on for quite some time now...several years, that's for sure.

Most fans hope it will never get made.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

flash70

MGM has been having financial problems, so that might be a contributing factor...I hear that the script is really good and it all depends on the casting...if done right, that movie could be HUGE!!!!  If not, at least we still have the originals...

Offline ProfessorStooge

It seems the only problem surrounding this film is the casting. I agree that Sean Penn, Benicio del Toro, and Jim Carrey don't seem like good choices to play the Stooges. Finding the right cast has taken a long time and I dunno who will play Larry, Moe, and Curly. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how all this will pan out.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
In case it hasn't been mentioned already, IMDB has this back-alley abortion listed for 2012 as of today. I would much rather a bio-pic not ruined by Mel Gibson's Bible-banging fingers than a bunch of guys playing the characters. With that said, isn't del Toro a little too ethnic looking to play a Stooge? I just looked it up and he's Puerto Rico but he looks Italian.

Another factor is the heights. Penn is 5'8, del Toro 6'2 and Carrey 6'1 according to celebheights.com. So not would all of them tower over the originals (well Penn would be a couple inches taller) but Penn is quite a bit shorter than the other two. The Stooges being small of stature and being relatively the same height is part of their appeal. The casting (which is just rumors as far as I can tell) is pathetic.

MGM should be more concerned with making a new Bond than this shit, if they make anything.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

flash70

It would be EASIER to make a new Bond movie...and safer. They shouldn't worry about using name stars and just look for talent....the Stooge name enough should be enough of a selling point.

flash70

Sorry for the poor grammar...that's what happens when I try to type this early in the morning...lol