Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Suggestions for the Tribute Filmography

Offline Hammond Eggar

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but this group seemed as appropriate as any.  I love the new TRIBUTE filmography.  What a wonderful addition to this already great site.  Unfortunately, I noticed two entries which are missing.  Both would make nice additions to the filmography list.

1. I attended the 1991 Three Stooges Convention in Philadelphia.  Bill Geist, CBS reporter who regularly contributes to CBS SUNDAY MORNING, visited the convention as well, and filed a report for CBS that weekend.  I believe the report ran on the network's evening news broadcast.  I have the report on VHS somewhere.  As soon as I track it down, I'll post more details.

2. In 2000, actor Michael Chiklis appeared as a guest on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.  He was there promoting ABC's upcoming Three Stooges bio-film.  He spent most of the interview discussing the Stooges, as well as his own performance as Curly in the ABC movie.  I searched IMDb for an exact date for this appearance.  I believe it to be April 19, 2000, according to this page.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0627361/

I'll try to track down the 1991 convention report from Bill Geist, and add additional info soon.  Thanks for the new filmography.  Keep up the great work.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Hammond Eggar

I went home last evening and immediately found my VHS copies of both of these TV segments.  Here is some additional information for the TRIBUTES filmography entries.

1. The Bill Geist report was, indeed, from The CBS Evening News, although I don't recall if it ran on Saturday or Sunday.  It was, however, during the weekend of the 1991 Three Stooges Convention.  The report runs at about 2:10 in length.  Most of the people interviewed were general fans, although Stooge impersonators Billy West (Larry), Ken Heath (Moe) and David Knight (Curly) were all featured.  Gary Lassin was also included.  The report also featured clips from the public domain shorts Disorder in the Court and Malice in the Palace.

2. The Michael Chiklis appearance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien is definitely from April 19, 2000, as the label on my VHS tape confirmed.  The entire interview is about the Stooges, either the act or the 2000 ABC bio-film Chiklis was in.  The segment runs at about 4:30 in length.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I went home last evening and immediately found my VHS copies of both of these TV segments.  Here is some additional information for the TRIBUTES filmography entries.

... the tribute filmography will be ready to be opened to member submissions later this year.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Oh, groovy!  Thanks.