Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

You know about this game right? Right? o_0

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
I just found out about this game a few days ago...never even heard about it until then:

http://www.fenomen-games.com/the-three-stooges-treasure-hunt-hijinks.htm

It came out in November 2008, and the online version (I'm guessing to download?) in February 2009.  I was able to find the game for free (I actually went to the site that made the game "Bigfish", but they don't have it available to purchase there...I did try to actually buy it though), and it's an okay game.  Basically a find the item game with pictures.

I was about 3/4 of the way done and one of the levels wouldn't produce the item that I needed to find.  So I'm now replaying the game, and if that same level comes up glitched again, then the game itself must be glitched.  Maybe this is why it isn't for sale anymore?  One site also claimed that videos were shown in the game from the shorts...but I have yet to see that personally.

The game is better than the older video games that we've been treated to for the Stooges...but we really need a current gen (Xbox360, PS3) version of a very long and well thought out game showing us the Three Stooges in all their glory.  Don't any of these studios who make video games remember the Stooges?  :(
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I hadn't seen this game before, so I downloaded it last night and played it for about 45 minutes.  I don't normally play that kind of "find the items" games, but that one is kind of fun.  I love watching Moe, Larry and Curly smacking each other around when I click around on the scene looking for the items.  If you enjoy playing time wasters like this (and who doesn't?), it might be worth the $9.99 to buy the full version.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
I guess no other Stooges fans have heard of this game then?  I had a very hard time trying to find info from other players, but one site did have a few messages in their forum.  Mostly from people complaining about the game glitching (like it did to me), and them having to start over...since there isn't any type of "Redo Level" option.  Once a level gets stuck (missing piece), you are basically screwed.

I was able though, to complete the whole game by starting my second account.  What I learned was:

1.  The game has NO footage from the shorts.  So either the info from the other sites claiming this were wrong...or the programmers pulled this feature.

2.  The game is VERY easy.  You can earn "Sniffers", which point you to where the item is basically...but you will never use them.  I had the limit (99) by the middle of Round 3, and speaking of Rounds.

3.  There are three Rounds to the game.  Round 1 gives you 8 settings, with 3 levels each.  Round 2 gives you the same 8 settings, but with an extra level that becomes unlocked.  Round 3 is the same as Round 2, but you follow the Treasure Map.  So basically Round 1 has 24 Levels, and Rounds 2 & 3 have 32 Levels, giving you a grand total of 88 Levels.

4.  The Settings for the game do match quite well to the Shorts that we've seen.  They are:  Old West, Hospital, Restaurant, Apartment type Building, Art room (painting, music), Marina (this one is pushing it), Mystery, and Egypt.

5.  The game has a problem with saving, making you choose yes...then no, then trying to save again.  After a few times, it finally works.

6.  There isn't enough sound clips, and with ALL the Shorts available...you would think that this game would loaded with them.

7.  The game has two Mini-Games.  One is a Simon-type (repeat the action), but it uses hand motions...like an eye-poke, slam, punch.  The second game requires you to protect the Boys from flying objects.  You have a baseball bat to hit the objects away.  Also, if you can locate a Vacuum Tube (which is found on every level), then it gives you one "Sniffer".  The Mini-Games give you "Sniffers" too, but the Simon game takes forever, and the max in the protect game is four.

The game can be completed in a few hours, once you get used to what the items look like.  Round 3 will fly by, since you'll have plenty of practice with the items.  It's okay for a first attempt, but a second version of this style of game could be WAY better.
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone