Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

M/L/S on Eddie Cantor - April 1955

Offline falsealarms

Looks to be from the Eddie Cantor show in 1955.

[youtube=425,350]K4ljDYAlc-M[/youtube]

EDDIE CANTOR COMEDY THEATRE, THE - What Do You Want in a Show?    Syndicated 1955-04-29 Eddie Cantor Moe, Larry and Shemp
Filmed, half-hour comedy series presenting Eddie Cantor doing all his trademark routines and musical numbers, and featuring guest stars in playlets hosted by Cantor.

Eddie's wife and staff inform him that he should consider viewers' requests for show ideas, but instead of letters in his filing cabinets, he finds The Three Stooges. The Stooges star in the skit, "A Night in the U.S. Mint," as inept bank robbers Butch (Moe), Lefty (Larry), and Spike (Shemp), who attempt to tunnel into a bank vault, but wind up instead in the U.S. Mint... but are too dumb to realize where they are!
Cast: Eddie Cantor, Ida Cantor, Moe Howard, Larry Fine, Shemp Howard, Julie Bennett, Doris Packer, Keith Richards, Leo Penn, The Johnson Brothers, Dennie & Cameron, Gene Nash, Paula & Paulette, Sharon Dexter, Donna Drew, June Kirby, Toni Carroll

Crew: Eddie Cantor (Producer), Eddie Davis (Director), Albert E. Lewin, Burt Styler (Writers)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

EDDIE CANTOR COMEDY THEATRE, THE - What Do You Want in a Show? 
Syndicated 1955-04-29 Eddie Cantor Moe, Larry and Shemp
Filmed, half-hour comedy series presenting Eddie Cantor doing all his trademark routines and musical numbers, and featuring guest stars in playlets hosted by Cantor.

Eddie's wife and staff inform him that he should consider viewers' requests for show ideas, but instead of letters in his filing cabinets, he finds The Three Stooges. The Stooges star in the skit, "A Night in the U.S. Mint," as inept bank robbers Butch (Moe), Lefty (Larry), and Spike (Shemp), who attempt to tunnel into a bank vault, but wind up instead in the U.S. Mint... but are too dumb to realize where they are!

Cast: Eddie Cantor, Ida Cantor, Moe Howard, Larry Fine, Shemp Howard, Julie Bennett, Doris Packer, Keith Richards, Leo Penn, The Johnson Brothers, Dennie & Cameron, Gene Nash, Paula & Paulette, Sharon Dexter, Donna Drew, June Kirby, Toni Carroll

Crew: Eddie Cantor (Producer), Eddie Davis (Director), Albert E. Lewin, Burt Styler (Writers)

This appearance is available on DVD.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Wow, that was better than most TV appearances I've seen before, Thanks for finding this, I gotta spend more time on YouTube.

Robin

Curley91

I really enjoyed watchin' that one.  It was way funnier than some of their other TV appearances. 

Kinda' reminded me of them tunneling into the U.S. treasury through "the walla walla with an x" in "Cash And Carry." 

8)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
And the point to the right routine from Tassels in the Air

Robin

Offline Justin T

That was awesome, def one of their funnier TV apperances. Nice use of the
"point to the right" gag, and Larry playing Charades to try to tell Moe and Shemp
their in the US Mint was awesome.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline porcupinefan87

Ooo that was great. Where have they been hiding this?

A clever idea...could totally sense Larry's frustration...and charades is always a great thing to go with in comedy. It's greatness in "Young Frankenstein" too..."seda...give!" haha.

Good stuff. I like Moe, Shemp, and Larry's TV appearances for the most part.
"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline Hammond Eggar

I'm not familiar with this clip.  Whoever posted it, listed it as a rare TV appearance.  That said, I have no idea of it's origins.  It features Moe, Larry and Shemp and seems pretty amusing.  Can anyone here give us some insight about ths footage?  Thanks! ;)

(See above for details)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:06:40 PM by BeAStooge »
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Sadistic Stooge

[youtube=425,350]K4ljDYAlc-M[/youtube]

EDDIE CANTOR COMEDY THEATRE, THE - What Do You Want in a Show?    Syndicated 1955-04-29 Eddie Cantor Moe, Larry and Shemp

one of the best TV appearances the stooges ever made :)  [stooges]

Offline Shemp_Diesel

:P
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.