Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

MUSIC YOU'RE LISTENING TO - 2010 VERSION

Offline metaldams

Instead of bringing up an old thread, I felt like starting a new one.  I feel like talking music, so post what you're currently listening to and ideally, we'll keep this thread going all year.  ::)  So, I'll start.

"Hold On To My Heart" - W.A.S.P.

[youtube=425,350]ifRjyISMxZM[/youtube]

It's a "power ballad," but one of the most beautiful songs you'll ever hear.  Those lyrics and that melody get to me, such an emotionally raw and honest song.  It's part of a concept album I've been listening to nonstop called THE CRIMSON IDOL (1992) which takes the best elements of TOMMY and THE WALL and condenses it into one amazing album.  Highly reccommended.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I've been on a Rush kick lately, so....

[youtube=425,350]cz4gtkO--kA[/youtube]

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline pipboytaylor

The White Stripes. One of the few great bands that still play rock-n-roll music in 2010.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t1_ETuWIbE[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

I just listened to 2112 and FLY BY NIGHT last week. "La Villa Strangiato" is great, probably the best showcase Rush ever had for Alex Lifeson.

As a bass player, I don't understand how Geddy Lee can possibly do the things he does at times.  The guy's incredible.

I just listened to that CRIMSON IDOL CD again, again, I can't reccommend it enough.  You gotta really pay attention and not just listen to it as background music, but there's some deep stuff going on there.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

[youtube=425,350]cxbFLYa0_bw[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]MMz-wi50ACU[/youtube]

Cool, to see some fellow rockers.

Offline metaldams

Curly4444, for you, and anybody else who cares to watch.

[youtube=425,350]PvE-N4BgfIU[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Thanks metaldams, i haven't heard that in a while.

[youtube=425,350]P25hBk8LmUM[/youtube]

For metaldams. Cool song, i love ballads.

Offline metaldams

Thanks metaldams, i haven't heard that in a while.

[youtube=425,350]P25hBk8LmUM[/youtube]

For metaldams. Cool song, i love ballads.

Pretty cool song.  My understanding is Ken Hensley from Uriah Heep played keyboards on that one, for anybody into old 70's rock.

I like Blackie 'cause he's this hair metal guy with classic rock aspirations.  Sort of like me in my music tastes.  There was a definite point where W.A.S.P. transformed from a gulity pleasure hair band to a band who made art, that's for sure.

Here's the former, probably my favorite hair metal song.

[youtube=425,350]TsoLb-E7oy8[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

[youtube=425,350]BAb8ZusfZxc[/youtube]

"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Jeri-Show

[youtube=425,350]u7e66wbVAog[/youtube]

[headbang]

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Still listening to THE CRIMSON IDOL non-stop, but I was discussing the album this song was on with my friend at work today. 

It's Black Sabbath!  Tony Iommi!  Geezer Butler!  Bill Ward! and.......and........IAN GILLAN!  Yes, the guy from Deep Purple.  The singing on this thing's insane.  One of the heaviest songs ever.  Love that album cover, it would look lovely over the fireplace.

[youtube=425,350]_PIHjFZosHg[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Here's 3 for now:

[youtube=425,350]bhoME4ji6jk[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]4sJjUCQXZI8[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]ige3kXfNtLc[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

Geez False, at least have the decency to play the best version!   >:D

[youtube=425,350]5o9qRH6g1XA[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky