Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Seven Ages of Stooges

Offline middlenamewayne

I'm mainly posting here to notify those who are unaware that the animated "Three Robotic Stooges" cartoons are currently being used for filler on the Cartoon Network's sister channel Boomerang. Flip by at around five minutes before the hour or half-hour once in awhile and you're sure to catch it sooner or later. It's faint praise to say this, but the series features the best animation of any Stooges cartoon.

I just saw the "3RS" episode "Star Flaws" last night, and it was quite disorienting to see a Stooges "Star Wars" parody (such as it was)! (In it, the titular robot knuckleheads battle a Darth Vader-looking villain with the aid of a tin trio called R2-Moe, R2-Larry, and R2-Curly... but unfortunately there "R-n't-2" many laughs to be found.)

Then again, I've always been inexplicably fascinated with the boys' later attempts to keep up with the changing times. My personal faves are the rock & roll gags in "The Outlaws Is Coming" that plant our Stooges firmly in the Beatles era. (Turnabout is fair play, though -- after all, the Fab Four stole Moe's hairstyle!!!)

So it occurs to me that there could be considered to be "Seven Ages Of The Stooges:

1) The Vaudeville (or "Nutty") Age w/Shemp ("Soup To Nuts) and Curly ("Plane Nuts")
2) The Prohibition/Depression Age w/Curly ("Three Little Beers" and a zillion others)
3) The Noir Gang Age w/Shemp again ("Slaphappy Sleuths"; "Tricky Dicks"; "For Crimin' Out Loud" etc.)
4) The Space Race Age w/Joe ("Outer Space Jitters"; "Flying Saucer Daffy")
    and Curly Joe ("Have Rocket -- Will Travel"; "The Three Stooges in Orbit")
5) The Mad, Mod, Mop-Top Age w/Curly Joe ("It's a Madx4 World"; "The Outlaws Is Coming")
    + "Don't Worry, We'll Think of a Title"
6) The Old Age w/Curly Joe ("Kook's Tour") + Emil Sitka's "Crimewave" & "The Nutt House"
7) The Cartoon/CGI Age w/no humans required ("The New 3 Stooges"; "Scooby Stooges"; "3 Robonic Stooges";
    "The Little Stooges"; "Jabberjaw"; "The Farrelly Brothers Proudly Present The All-New Adventures of the 3 Stooges"
)

-- mnw

Offline Curly4444

Ive seen one of these a while back, but i didn't know they were playing them that consistently.

Offline mankey8284

I've seen a few of these on tv, they are pretty funny lol
"I'm trying to think and nothing happens!" ~Curly
"I lost my ba-lance." ~Larry
"I'll knock your head right through your socks" ~Moe
"There I am pretty as a picture. Yeah, of an ape" ~Shemp and Moe
"Is that the sun up there? I don't know I'm new in town" ~Larry and Curly
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What stupid, imbecilic fool put that u--I did! Oh, am I dumb" ~Larry
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry
"Do you know what that paper was? Hot?" ~Moe & Curly