Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Fess Parker, 1924-2010

Offline ProfessorStooge

Actor Fess Parker died today at the age of 85. He is best remembered for his portrayal of frontier figures Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett.

Offline metaldams

Yeah, I just read that.  My Dad had plans on meeting him at a local wine store.  Fess Parker supposedly has some wine he endorsed or whatever, and he was going to be making an appearance.

As a kid, one of the first VHS tapes my Dad bought me was Davy Crockett at the Alamo and Davy Crockett racing Mike Fink on the river boats.  He watched that stuff growing up as a kid when it was all new, so he wanted to share it with me as well.  I definitely liked those films as a kid, but I bet you I haven't seen them since.  I certainly haven't forgotten, though.

R.I.P. Mr. Parker.  I'm glad you lived a full life, and thanks for entertaining two generations of my family.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
One of the earliest things I can remember watching as a child was Fess Parker as Davy Crockett.  I even had an "authentic" coon skin cap.   ;D

Here's Fess Parker singing the Ballad of Davy Crockett:

[youtube=425,350]Tw4xNGHxaJw[/youtube]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Trailer to DAVY CROCKETT & THE RIVER PIRATES (1956) *
[youtube=425,350]q2HmWak4I_c[/youtube]

Scene from DAVY CROCKETT, KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER (1955) **
("Davy Crockett at the Alamo")
[youtube=425,350]6wuOhxyYAP8[/youtube]

Open/close credits to DANIEL BOONE (1964 - 1970 NBC)
[youtube=425,350]Y7sPvWrL6KY[/youtube]

Climactic scenes from OLD YELLER (1957) (Spoiler Warning, if you've not seen it)
[youtube=425,350]4ioo-RzvNFc[/youtube]

* Theatrical compilation of 2 DISNEYLAND (1955 ABC) TV episodes (aired in B&W; filmed in color)
** Theatrical compilation of 3 DISNEYLAND (1954 - 1955 ABC) TV episodes (aired in B&W; filmed in color)