Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Buster Keaton Interview - 1964

Offline metaldams

This is why youtube rules.  I would've loved to hang out with this guy.  For those that are interested, enjoy.

[youtube=425,350]JLhCOZlYnpk[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Too bad that Grand Hotel parody never got made!  Buster was wasted at MGM in the 30's.

What do you guys think of his comments on dialogue?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

Too bad that Grand Hotel parody never got made!  Buster was wasted at MGM in the 30's.

What do you guys think of his comments on dialogue?

I know this clip well!  I think your can hear the genuine resentment in Buster's voice when he talks about what happened to silent films and also once the studio bosses got involved.  I don't blame him. It must have been a fantastic time to be making movies, in the teens and twenties.

I also found this clip on YouTube that shows Buster giving a clinic on cream pie making/throwing:

[youtube=425,350]lcNSPO-BoUg[/youtube]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

Buster did a lot of television later in his life, and so much of it seems to be based on pie throwing.  The irony is I can't remember a single pie throwing incident in any of his major films!  I know he did so with Arbuckle and perhaps on stage and maybe in some shorts he did later on, but in his major independent work?  Not one of his specialties.

I agree, you can hear the bitterness in his voice, and I don't blame him.  MGM really didn't know how to handle the guy after THE CAMERAMAN.

I wonder if he ever had any run ins with The Three Stooges while he was at Columbia?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Rich Finegan

I wonder if he ever had any run ins with The Three Stooges while he was at Columbia?

Interesting thought. I have the shooting dates for all his Columbia shorts, and for all of the Stooges shorts from that period, too. I can check to see if they ever worked at Columbia on the same day.

Offline metaldams

Interesting thought. I have the shooting dates for all his Columbia shorts, and for all of the Stooges shorts from that period, too. I can check to see if they ever worked at Columbia on the same day.

Yeah, please look that up, that'd be really interesting.

Did Columbia even make two shorts on the same day?  Perhaps one short would've been the McCollum unit, the other for Jules White?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Moe and Buster in a Pie fight , That would have been cool !  [3stooges]

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
videos are blocked out of this country!   Canada only?

Offline metaldams

It never dawned on me until now, but this song is SO Marx Brothers.

[youtube=425,350]D7UKllR0Edo[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
LOL!  Great minds think alike - I had thought of looking for this clip and posting it, but got sidetracked and never did.   ;D

And you're right about the song.  Something tells me that Groucho and Trey Parker would get along just fine.   [cool]