Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Collection Vol. 8, June 1

BeAStooge · 548 · 116314

Linked Events

• 3 Stooges Collection Vol 8 DVD: June 01, 2010 - June 07, 2010

Offline bri1035

I stopped by Costco today to pick up "True Blood" Season 2 and, to my delight, they had the Stooges' Volume 8 out as well!  They had an ample supply and, in fact, Volumes 1-7 were represented too.  All were being sold for $16.99.  Not sure if all Costco's are offering them a week early, or if it was just a mistake on the part of my local store - but I can't wait to start watching!

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Yeah, thats where I got mine as well.   Time to stock up on those missing volumes!

Offline Curly4444

They're breaking the law. Sony and other company's set specific dates there supposed to be released on, and Cosco's  suppose to abide by that.

xraffle

They're breaking the law. Sony and other company's set specific dates there supposed to be released on, and Cosco's  suppose to abide by that.

Yup and they can get fined if caught. I'm surprised these stores aren't scared of breaking street dates.

Offline falsealarms

I wish this was out today, so we could have it for the long weekend.

Offline Paul Allen

If Costco is gonna' break the law, let's forgive them this time since it involves our boys!!!  [3stooges]

Volumes 1 - 6 have been selling at Sam's Club stores in Memphis for just $12.88 for many weeks now.

Offline mankey8284

I just pre-ordered Volume 8 from Best Buy, I was going to pre-order from Wal-mart but it's already sold out for pre-order! How cool is that? After all these years, our boys are more popular than ever!  ;D
"I'm trying to think and nothing happens!" ~Curly
"I lost my ba-lance." ~Larry
"I'll knock your head right through your socks" ~Moe
"There I am pretty as a picture. Yeah, of an ape" ~Shemp and Moe
"Is that the sun up there? I don't know I'm new in town" ~Larry and Curly
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What stupid, imbecilic fool put that u--I did! Oh, am I dumb" ~Larry
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry
"Do you know what that paper was? Hot?" ~Moe & Curly

Offline Paul Allen

Speaking of the popularity of our boys, does anyone know the sales totals for each of the first 7 sets?

If so, could someone please post that information?

xraffle

If Costco is gonna' break the law, let's forgive them this time since it involves our boys!!!  [3stooges]

Volumes 1 - 6 have been selling at Sam's Club stores in Memphis for just $12.88 for many weeks now.

Yeah. Whoever got theirs early is lucky. I pre-ordered a while ago from Amazon. Shipping Estimate is June 7th. So, I'd expect mine to arrive sometime in mid-June.

Offline mankey8284

The reason I didn't order from Amazon is because I knew it wasn't going to get here until mid-June, but Best Buy has it so you can pick it up in store on June 1st. So if you haven't pre-ordered yours yet and have a Best Buy near you, you should order from them and have it for store pick-up  :D
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry

Offline Paul Allen

I've thought of a way to "make the Jack beat the King"....

Purchase Volume 8 on June 1 from WalMart and enjoy it right away. When Amazon.com finally delivers your copy to your house, just take that one back to WalMart and get your money back.  Presto! They're all identical anyway. No big deal.

xraffle

The reason I didn't order from Amazon is because I knew it wasn't going to get here until mid-June, but Best Buy has it so you can pick it up in store on June 1st. So if you haven't pre-ordered yours yet and have a Best Buy near you, you should order from them and have it for store pick-up  :D

Oh come on! Amazon has super soivice! ;D

Seriously though, the main reason I ordered from Amazon is because I had something else I needed to order and I wanted to lock in that $16.99 price tag. With 32 shorts and 3 discs, I was afraid the price would increase. Of course, the world is always against me, so it didn’t increase. If I didn’t order it, then it would’ve increased.

Offline mankey8284

Haha, don't get me wrong I ALWAYS order from Amazon for everything else, lol. I just couldn't wait till mid-June to see the Stooges'! $16.99 is a great price, I paid $19.99 for mine, but oh well I'm a very impatient person, especially when it comes to those Boys  [3stooges] I know what you mean about prices increasing, I have had that happen many times when I order something and go back the next day and find it cheaper somewhere else. We will all be having a Stooges' marathon come June so tell your friends and family not to bother us!  ;D
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry

Offline falsealarms

Ordered from Amazon in April, did 2 day shipping and my delivery estimate is 6/1. 16.99 pre order price + 2 day shipping + tax is a wash compared to list price in stores + tax. And it saves me a trip out.

Offline dimelives

If you ordered through Amazon with anything besides Super Saver shipping, spending just a couple bucks more, you'll get it within the first week of June, probably immediately around release day. And like falsealarms said, saves me a trip out ;) lol

Offline falsealarms

The sales for VOL 8 are rising on Amazon. Currently 68th among DVDs and seems like it will be in line with previous volumes in the end.

Offline jjknap

I found a review on the web for Volume 8.  I would have started a new thread, but darned if I can find a way to add one (I have been registerd for a while).

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/products/the-three-stooges-collection-vol-8-1955-1959/reviews

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Only 5 more days to go. Time marches on....

[clock]

[whoo]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline falsealarms

What will be the first short everyone watches?

I'll probably skip right to BLUNDER BOYS.

Offline dimelives

I always watch 'em in order, with my dad, who raised me on the Stooges :) After that, we just watch them at random.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I've seen so many rave reviews for Of Cash and Hash that I'll probably watch that first, then look at the rest of the Shemp episodes in chronological order. I'm still debating on whether or not I need to bother watching the Bessers, or at least the truely deplorable ones like Outer Space Jitters or Triple Crossed.

:police:

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline luke795

Did anyone watch all of the shorts on the first 7 DVD sets before the Volume 8 DVD set is released?

Offline Seamus

I did.  I didn't know these sets were available till Volume 6 was already out.  I bought the bundle and watched them all start to finish.  I think I'm stopping with Volume 7 though.  I can appreciate that a lot of people are excited about owning Volume 8 for the sake of having all the shorts in their collection, but I can't really see much re-watch value in this batch of twilight era shorts (or even much first-watch value, tbh).  The last few Shemps are remake city, and Besser the Stooge isn't nearly as funny as his Stinky persona (hey, there's a thought...if Besser had ramped up the spazzy man-child act with the Stooges would his shorts have been better?).  Even Moe and Larry aren't what they were 10+ years prior by this point.

Sorry, didn't mean to be a Volume 8 killjoy! 

xraffle

Ordered from Amazon in April, did 2 day shipping and my delivery estimate is 6/1. 16.99 pre order price + 2 day shipping + tax is a wash compared to list price in stores + tax. And it saves me a trip out.

If you ordered through Amazon with anything besides Super Saver shipping, spending just a couple bucks more, you'll get it within the first week of June, probably immediately around release day. And like falsealarms said, saves me a trip out ;) lol

I’m the opposite. It’s actually more convenient for me to get it in the store. This is because there is a local movie store I can go to on my lunch break that’s only a few blocks from where I work. They will have it for $20. Or I can walk to Best Buy on the weekend, which is very close to where I live. It’s walking distance.

It’s more of a hassle for me to order online, but I just do it to save money since I can be a bit of cheapskate sometimes and a lot of B&M stores like to overprice their merchandise. The reason it’s a hassle is because I live in an apartment and the post office doesn’t ring my bell when I have a package. They drop it off at the Super’s office and put a package slip in my mailbox telling me to pick up the package at the office. Now the tough part—the package is locked in the Super’s office and I have to chase after the guy so he can open up the office and give me my darn package. He’s nowhere to be found and I have to keep going down to lobby every so often to see if he’s there. He’s always disappearing and sometimes can be impossible to find. So yeah, getting packages in the mail can be a big problem for me.

Offline falsealarms

Tested VOL 7 on my Blu Ray player that came today. There is a definite difference. I thought these shorts looked good on a standard DVD player, but playing them in a Blu Ray kicks the quality up a little higher. The white lettering in the intros especially "popped" out more on a Blu Ray.