Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Collection Vol. 8, June 1

BeAStooge · 548 · 116331

Linked Events

• 3 Stooges Collection Vol 8 DVD: June 01, 2010 - June 07, 2010

Offline metaldams

For those who weren't there and didn't hear her comments on her life and career, including working with The Stooges, SPACE SHIP SAPPY supporting actress Marilyn Hanold told us at this year's Fan Club Meeting of another Elvis connection involving her and The Stooges. She told us that she dated Elvis a few years after being in this Stooges film, and that he was excited to learn that she had worked with The Stooges and wanted to know all about it. Turns out apparently Elvis was a Stooges fan!
I'm sure that if he ever saw SPACE SHIP SAPPY he had to have been amused at the mention of his name in the film.

Since Elvis worked with Ed Bernds, I wonder if they ever had any conversations?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Seamus

Awesome.  I bet if Elvis was alive today he'd be boarding here.  Between your anecdote about his Stooge fandom and the revelation in last year's Monty Python documentary that the King was a huge fan of MP and the Holy Grail, I get the impression he was kind of a comedy geek.

He was....one of us.

Offline JazzBill

Awesome.  I bet if Elvis was alive today he'd be boarding here. 

Elvis isn't alive?  :o
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline FineBari3

Awesome.  I bet if Elvis was alive today he'd be boarding here.  Between your anecdote about his Stooge fandom and the revelation in last year's Monty Python documentary that the King was a huge fan of MP and the Holy Grail, I get the impression he was kind of a comedy geek.

He was....one of us.

Elvis seems quite the fun guy in some of the backstage/offstage stuff in Elvis documentaries out there. I think mostly of the remastered "Elvis: That's The Way It Is" stuff. Just really hamming it up with his 'mafia' and even silly stuff on stage. It does not surprise me in the least that he was a Stooges fan!

Remember, he loved to watch TV, and had three of them on at the same time in Graceland; one for each network!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Paul Allen

It's too bad Colonel Parker (or whoever) didn't arrange to have The Stooges make an appearance in Elvis' 1965 movie "TICKLE ME".

Offline RICO987

I joined this site in 2007 not too much before these sets were announced.  I always wanted to own the entire collection.  Hard to believe that in 18 days I will finally have the entire set. 

Offline OldFred

I joined this site in 2007 not too much before these sets were announced.  I always wanted to own the entire collection.  Hard to believe that in 18 days I will finally have the entire set. 

In that case, this is the perfect Stooge short for inpatient Stoogies!  ;D

&feature=related

Offline Snard

"Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard!"

(you probably meant to type "impatient" ;) )

In that case, this is the perfect Stooge short for inpatient Stoogies!  ;D

&feature=related

Offline OldFred

"Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard!"

(you probably meant to type "impatient" ;) )

If you check into a hospital, you'd be a in-patient, wouldn't you? Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!!!  [3stooges]

Offline ProfessorStooge

This month is nearly halfway over and June 1 is approaching. I will be getting more excited as the next couple of weeks go by. When the big day arrives, I can head to my local Walmart to pick up Volume 8. Then I can begin a marathon of Stooge hilarity. It will be all 8 volumes at the rate of one disc per day for 17 days (2 discs in each of the first 7 volumes and 3 in the final volume).

Offline Bud_Jamison

Professor!

Please don't give a despicable company such as Walmart your money.  How about any other chain out there that actually takes care of it's employees.  Please?....

Offline RICO987

"She was bread in old Kentucky, but she’s only a crumb up here, she's knocked kneed and double jointed,  with a cauliflower ear, some day we shall be married, and if vegetables get too dear, I’ll cut myself a nice big slice of her cauliflower ear...  ...cause that ain’t rationed."
                                                                Curly Howard (1943)

From "I Can Hardly Wait"

Offline Shemp_Diesel

[angry7]

Sittin, lookin at the clock, time moves so slow
I've been watchin for the hands to move
Until I just can't look no more
How come twenty four hours, Baby sometimes seems to slip into days?
A minute seems like a lifetime, Baby when I feel this way....

Waiting ever so (im)patiently for June 1st.

[clock]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Stooges#1

I am heading to hospital for lung surgery on the 24th, and I'll probably remain their for 2-3 days. But when I come out I'll be recovering for a few weeks after and what better way to do that than watching something I love, The Stooges? Perfect timing, really!  ;D

Offline JazzBill

I am heading to hospital for lung surgery on the 24th, and I'll probably remain their for 2-3 days. But when I come out I'll be recovering for a few weeks after and what better way to do that than watching something I love, The Stooges? Perfect timing, really!  ;D
Good luck with your surgery.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Stooges#1

Good luck with your surgery.

Thank you.

Two years back I suffered a collapsed lung and needed to have a tube inserted in my chest, I remained in hospital overnight then. And over a month ago it happened again, I thought I would need another tube but little did I know a second one requires surgery. Sucks, but that's life I guess.

Offline FineBari3

Thank you.

Two years back I suffered a collapsed lung and needed to have a tube inserted in my chest, I remained in hospital overnight then. And over a month ago it happened again, I thought I would need another tube but little did I know a second one requires surgery. Sucks, but that's life I guess.

Wow. Best of luck with the surgery and your recovery!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Stooges#1

Wow. Best of luck with the surgery and your recovery!

Thanks.

I know this is a Stooges forum so I'll thank everyone who sends their best wishes in this post so its not done individually and takes up too many posts. So thanks guys and gals.  [cool]

xraffle

I still keep pinching myself everyday just to see if I’m dreaming (but not so hard, of course ;)) Till this day, I still can’t believe Sony is releasing the Besser shorts. I thought this day would never come.

Offline Blystone

I'll say one more thing before I sign off (I keep saying that!). What many of the early members of Threestooges.net were trying to do was to get Sony to release all the Stooges shorts in chronological order, and in the original black and white.

We did it! It took a lot of nagging, but the series is now up to Vol. 8, and that's the whole series. Whether anyone likes Joe Besser as a Stooge or not (personally, I don't), I think we can all pat ourselves on the back. If you can reach there, that is.

I couldn't help noticing that the cover art has a picture of Shemp on it... he's still an audience draw, much more than the two Joes. Good old Shemp!

;D

Offline metaldams

Stooges#1, I wish you the best of luck in your surgery.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Rich Finegan

I still keep pinching myself everyday just to see if I’m dreaming (but not so hard, of course ;)) Till this day, I still can’t believe Sony is releasing the Besser shorts. I thought this day would never come.

I'm not too surprised they're releasing the Stooges shorts through to the end, including the Besser shorts. They have gone this far with the Stooges shorts DVD's and I'm sure they intended to complete them.

If / when they release the solo Stooges shorts and the Columbia Charley Chase shorts, THEN will be the time for the pinching (but not so hard!) 

Offline archiezappa

I guess I'm gonna buy from that mogul again, Walmart.  Hey, I have to give them credit.  They have stocked every set on the release day.  And they're right here in my own one horse town:  Athens, Alabama.  So, I can't complain.

Offline Paul Allen

Volume 8 is only $16.96 at WalMart.com  -  http://www.walmart.com/ip/14146331

Stooges#1, You get well soon or I'll murder ya'! [pie]   I think Sony must've had you in mind when they chose the front cover photo!

Seriously, take good care of yourself and follow the doctor's orders. Hope you enjoy Volume 8 very, very much!!

Paul Allen