Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

When Did Moe-Curly-Shemp's Parents Die?

Offline Stooge-Adam

I just wonder how long into the Stooges' fame did their parents last.

Offline Stooge-Adam

Thanks. I couldn't remember their names to look them up and typing "Moe, Curly and Shemp's parents" doesn't automatically get results, lol.

At least they didn't have to see Curly's health fail and his untimely death.

Offline TXShemp

Curly was the baby, and his mother did not want him in showbusiness with his brothers...so yes it is good that they did not see that. Speaking of them, did you know Solomon was in Disorder in the Court?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
did you know Solomon was in Disorder in the Court?

One of two Stooges shorts that Sol was in. Clicking on the link in the [June 8] response above will give you his cast page, with a list of his Stooge credits.

Offline Stooge-Adam

Yes, I was aware he was in "Disorder in the Court." I forget how I found out, one of the many documentaries I've seen probably mentioned it. I wasn't aware of him in "False Alarms", though I've seen all the shorts. Maybe I saw him and just forgot.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Eagle-eyed Garystooge has found another appearance by Sol... in DIZZY DOCTORS (1937), standing on the sidewalk in the background.

In the longshot immediately preceding this screengrab, Sol can also be spied crossing the street (r - l).

Offline TXShemp

This is a new one on me too. I never realized he appeared in this one.
It would have been interesting to hear their opinions about the profession three of their sons chose. Can anywhere else hear an old jewish man, "Harry, Samuel... make a decent living. Sell real estate like your mother. Stop carrying on with this nonsense..."
Or maybe they were proud?
I know for sure that Jennie had told Moe not to get 'Babe' involved.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
From a production still, Gary has identified another Sol Horwitz cameo, this one from HALF SHOT SHOOTERS (1936); that's him over Curly, immediately to your left of the "Singer" sign.

The attached is not the still, but a screen-grab from the short.

This makes four Stooges shorts with a Sol cameo.

Offline falsealarms

These Sol sightings are fascinating. Kind of hard to believe we're still locating them.

Offline FineBari3

These Sol sightings are fascinating. Kind of hard to believe we're still locating them.

Instead of "Where's Waldo?", we can have "Spot Sol!"

[fear]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson