Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Concerts you've been to.

metaldams · 90 · 28172

Offline Marshall

Haven't been to a lot of concerts in recent years. But the best concert I ever attended was Bruce Springsteen 8/23/81 at the L.A. Sports Arena. I became a big fan of  The Boss and his music that night, and continues to this day. I've been a big Beatles fan since I was a child, too, and have seen Paul McCartney several times in concert.  Most of the acts I've seen are "old school" artists over the years, so I've seen The Who, Heart, The Stones, Paul Simon, Huey Lewis and the News, Alison Moyet,  The Monkees, Human Rights Now show (Springsteen, Peter Gabriel, and others), Red Hot Chili Peppers, and a lot more.

Offline metaldams

Met James Hetfield and Jason Newsted that night.

I’m the only person in any of these crowds ever to review The Ritz Brothers and Wheeler and Woolsey.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Come on guys, find shows you were at and post them.  ELP played with Jethro Tull this night, I was there.  R.I.P. Keith Emerson and Greg Lake.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Offline Umbrella Sam

Best show I've ever been to.

&feature=youtu.be

Always the best. ;D

This is the most recent concert I’ve been to.

“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

That’s cool you guys saw Elton.  An older co-worker of mine from years ago got married around 1969 or 1970 in England and claims a young Elton John played her wedding.  I’m sure he’s a great guy to see, wonderful songs.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

That’s cool you guys saw Elton.  An older co-worker of mine from years ago got married around 1969 or 1970 in England and claims a young Elton John played her wedding.  I’m sure he’s a great guy to see, wonderful songs.

That’s interesting to hear. If it was 1969 or early 1970, that must have been an excellent deal considering Elton wasn’t even famous yet (now it would cost millions, if he would even consider doing weddings, which I highly doubt he would).
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

Had a great time at Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett last night.  Enjoyed Def Leppard the most.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

Had a great time at Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett last night.  Enjoyed Def Leppard the most.
Wow, sounds like an ensemble! Was there a specific band you enjoyed the most? I wasn't sure if you're a hair metal fan or not.

Offline Dr. Mabuse

I didn't see Elvis, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, but dammit I saw Prince.

Offline metaldams

I didn't see Elvis, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, but dammit I saw Prince.

That’s cool you saw Prince!  My Mom saw The Beatles at Shea ‘65 and ‘66 and my parents saw Elvis in ‘75 and ‘76.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Wow, sounds like an ensemble! Was there a specific band you enjoyed the most? I wasn't sure if you're a hair metal fan or not.

I first started noticing music around 1987ish and MTV.  Hair metal was all over the place. 

In 2002, I saw a bill of Dokken, Ratt, Warrant, L.A. Guns and Firehouse.  Hair metal seemed washed up at the time and it was a novelty.  20 years later, I’m watching acts of that generation in a stadium.  Life is strange.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Most of the acts I've seen are "old school" artists over the years, so I've seen The Who, Heart, The Stones, Paul Simon, Huey Lewis and the News, Alison Moyet, The Monkees, Human Rights Now show (Springsteen, Peter Gabriel, and others), Red Hot Chili Peppers, and a lot more.

I went to see the Monkees' farewell concert in Atlanta last October (two months before Mike Nesmith's death). Great music, great memories and an inspired setlist. Micky Dolenz sounded ageless, but Mike looked somewhat frail —  he was difficult to hear at times (occasionally drowned out by the band) and left the stage during the closing number with no final bow; nevertheless, he rose to the occasion for a moving "While I Cry" and was in good humor throughout. Since it was my only Monkees concert (with a fifth-row seat), the experience was memorably bittersweet.