Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Concerts you've been to.

metaldams · 90 · 28091

Offline metaldams

I'm still high over last night.  I think this one's great, and even if nobody else gives a rat's patootie, at least I know I can easily access this here.  Paul paying a little tribute to George.  For those who do give a rat's patootie, enjoy.  This one has a good view and a good mix.....and that's one thing I gotta say about last night's show.  Best audio mix of any concert I've ever seen.

[youtube=425,350]rsYcZ3TF8gg[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

.......and a song he wrote after John died.  Never heard it until last night, maybe I should seek out TUG OF WAR.

[youtube=425,350]qeSb5g-4SYs[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Bud_Jamison

Not always full clips, not 100% professional sound quality, but this was the Iron Maiden show I was at on Sunday in Holmdel, NJ.  I had a GREAT time.

i saw Maiden in Chicago, great show.  I was very lucky & got a few treasured picts.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1044009&l=00f3e9fcb0&id=1618335267

Offline Bud_Jamison

Fantastic, thanks for sharing.  (McCartney clips & Maiden)

Offline Rich Finegan

The Paul McCartney clips are great. Thanks for posting them!
I saw Paul twice many years ago, so it's nice to see what he's doing in concert now.

Offline metaldams

i saw Maiden in Chicago, great show.  I was very lucky & got a few treasured picts.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1044009&l=00f3e9fcb0&id=1618335267

....and just to remind you, as I'm sure Bruce already did in concert...NEW MAIDEN CD OUT TODAY!

Holy shit, you met Steve Harris!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

The Paul McCartney clips are great. Thanks for posting them!
I saw Paul twice many years ago, so it's nice to see what he's doing in concert now.

This is the first time I ever went to a concert with my parents.  I actually said, "Mom, it's a rock show, you're SUPPOSED to sing along."

Also my first time ever seeing McCartney.  I almost saw Ringo in 1997, but that was my senior year in high school and some school engagments prevented this.  My Mom, on the other hand, saw The Beatles both times they played Shea Stadium, and Sunday's show was the 45th anniversary of the first Shea show (which in turn, was the 1st stadium rock show).  Paul even mentioned this.  So for my Mom, third time she's seen Paul in concert, first time she's HEARD him.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Benno1979

I have seen Paul McCartney 8 times in concert.  Still the best "1-2 punch" for songs at a beginning of any concert I have seen was on his 2002 tour with "Hello Goodbye"/"Jet".  I passed on seeing him this summer because of more pressing financial obligations I had this summer, but my wife and I did travel to Atlanta last summer to see Paul perform at Piedmont Park (which was the 44th anniversary of Shea, which he mentioned last year as the 45th anniversary!  Ha!)

Still the most memborable moment for me from any concert or anything in my life is shown in this clip from his October 14, 2005 concert at The Palace of Auburn Hills outside of Detroit:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qvn60TjE5fM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Qvn60TjE5fM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline metaldams

I have seen Paul McCartney 8 times in concert.  Still the best "1-2 punch" for songs at a beginning of any concert I have seen was on his 2002 tour with "Hello Goodbye"/"Jet".  I passed on seeing him this summer because of more pressing financial obligations I had this summer, but my wife and I did travel to Atlanta last summer to see Paul perform at Piedmont Park (which was the 44th anniversary of Shea, which he mentioned last year as the 45th anniversary!  Ha!)

Still the most memborable moment for me from any concert or anything in my life is shown in this clip from his October 14, 2005 concert at The Palace of Auburn Hills outside of Detroit:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qvn60TjE5fM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Qvn60TjE5fM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Ya see Benno, that's the difference between you and me.  I'd propose to my girl at a Slayer concert.  It's the romantic in me.

"Hello Goodbye/Jet" IS a great opener.  I got "Venus and Mars/Rockshow/Jet," which is not bad.  I have a friend who grew up in the 70's, and he constantly listened to WINGS OVER AMERICA when he was a teenager.  He'll be real jealous when I tell him what Paul opened with. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Benno, all kidding aside, two things.

1.)  That was awesome, congrats.
2.) How did you arrange to get Paul to do that?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Benno1979

2004/2005 was not very good years for me, between my grandparents passing away, losing a job that I loved, and my future wife's sister passing away from cancer.  The highlight was getting 4th row seats for Paul, and I knew I would be proposing to her soon but I didn't know when.  I thought doing it at the show may be kind of cool thing to do!  I posted something on the McCartney website forum about possibly doing it and if there was a way to get a message to his people.  I had some suggestions and help with ideas, but nothing ever really happened with it.  Since Melissa made a couple of signs to hold up, I made a couple of my own and passed them out to people around us.  Someone down front, right in front of where Paul was standing, wanted a sign to hold up and held it for me.  Right between "Eleanor Rigby" and "Too Many People" Paul started talking about reading signs in the audience and he pointed at one sign and said "I can't read that, I can't do that!" and I could hear people yelling at him to do it.  So he did, and I did, and the rest is history!  During the chorus of "Hey Jude" he pointed at us and said "Now just Ben and Melissa" and I swear there was not one person making a noise in the arena except us!  At the end of the show, after the final song the band did their final bows to the audience, ran in front of us and the pointed, blew us kisses and thumbs up, and then bowed to us.  THAT was the moment that floored us both I think more than anything else.

Through the rest of the tour Paul told the story about reading the sign from what I read about the reviews of the shows on a McCartney fan site.  At one show I heard that someone had a sign saying "Have you heard from Ben and Melissa?"  While I don't know if that is true or not, I know that the following night in Detroit he told the story because we were also there.  I know Mitch Albom was at the Friday night show and had us as guests on his radio show the following week.  Maybe from the emails I sent or maybe some of Paul's people saw my postings and alerted him to the sign, I don't know.  But regardless it was a magical mystery moment for us for sure!!! 

Offline metaldams

2004/2005 was not very good years for me, between my grandparents passing away, losing a job that I loved, and my future wife's sister passing away from cancer.  The highlight was getting 4th row seats for Paul, and I knew I would be proposing to her soon but I didn't know when.  I thought doing it at the show may be kind of cool thing to do!  I posted something on the McCartney website forum about possibly doing it and if there was a way to get a message to his people.  I had some suggestions and help with ideas, but nothing ever really happened with it.  Since Melissa made a couple of signs to hold up, I made a couple of my own and passed them out to people around us.  Someone down front, right in front of where Paul was standing, wanted a sign to hold up and held it for me.  Right between "Eleanor Rigby" and "Too Many People" Paul started talking about reading signs in the audience and he pointed at one sign and said "I can't read that, I can't do that!" and I could hear people yelling at him to do it.  So he did, and I did, and the rest is history!  During the chorus of "Hey Jude" he pointed at us and said "Now just Ben and Melissa" and I swear there was not one person making a noise in the arena except us!  At the end of the show, after the final song the band did their final bows to the audience, ran in front of us and the pointed, blew us kisses and thumbs up, and then bowed to us.  THAT was the moment that floored us both I think more than anything else.

Through the rest of the tour Paul told the story about reading the sign from what I read about the reviews of the shows on a McCartney fan site.  At one show I heard that someone had a sign saying "Have you heard from Ben and Melissa?"  While I don't know if that is true or not, I know that the following night in Detroit he told the story because we were also there.  I know Mitch Albom was at the Friday night show and had us as guests on his radio show the following week.  Maybe from the emails I sent or maybe some of Paul's people saw my postings and alerted him to the sign, I don't know.  But regardless it was a magical mystery moment for us for sure!!! 

Yikes, I think we all must sell our souls before seeing McCartney.  I just had to put my six year old cat down the Tuesday before the show because he had cancer.  Needless to say, like you, I needed the McCartney pick me up as well.

Other than that, great story.  You and your fiance going solo at the end of HEY JUDE?  Too awesome for words!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

[youtube=425,350]TdHR1zdYhzw[/youtube]

"Among the Living"

Saw Joey Belladonna of Anthrax last night, 5 minutes away from my house!  Speaking of 5 minutes, go to speak to him for that length too.  Really nice guy, and of all things, we discussed sports, The Who, and the band he was in before Anthrax with the guys in Rainbow.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

8/23 Camden, NJ

Motley Crue, Alice Cooper

I'll be there!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
January 2013... Brevard Symphony Orchestra playing Dvorak's 7th Symphony and Grieg's Piano Concerto.  I'm of a different breed than most here [pie]
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

January 2013... Brevard Symphony Orchestra playing Dvorak's 7th Symphony and Grieg's Piano Concerto.  I'm of a different breed than most here [pie]

How was the mosh pit?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
It was a lonely place that night.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

It was a lonely place that night.

All kidding aside, that sucks, but then again, maybe not from a selfish point of view.  One of my favorite concerts was the Belladonna show I mention above, and there only was maybe 100 or 150 people in this tiny little place.  It was a much more intimate experience than an arena or shed show where you're far away and crammed with a zillion people.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
It was a 1,200 seat place with only 700-800 people.  For a first experience it was pretty good though.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline stoogerascalfan62

Recently went to a jazz concert featuring Pianist Geri Allen, David Murray-forget what instrument he played, and drummer Terri Lyne Carrington. Got to get autographs from, and hug, Geri and TLC.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I should have mentioned that in Fall 2012 and Spring 2013, I was actually he PIANIST in two concerts.  In the first, the music was awesome but I was the pianist in a WIND ensemble; in the second, the oeuvre sucked and the conductor was horrible.  There was no next time.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Signor Spumoni

Do recitals count?  It's been a couple of years, but the last musical program I attended was a harpsichord recital, and a very fine one, too.

Offline metaldams

Anybody going to concerts this summer?  Not seeing a single concert in 2016, this year it's...

5/12 - Metallica w/Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat
6/4 - Iron Maiden w/Ghost
8/24 - Deep Purple and Alice Cooper w/Edgar Winter
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

Anybody going to concerts this summer?  Not seeing a single concert in 2016, this year it's...

5/12 - Metallica w/Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat
6/4 - Iron Maiden w/Ghost
8/24 - Deep Purple and Alice Cooper w/Edgar Winter

No plans to see any concerts this summer. Regarding which concerts I have been to, I've seen Elton John a few times, as I've been a huge fan ever since I was little. I was 7 when I first saw him and people were staring at me since I was the youngest one there.

Metallica and Alice Cooper seem like they'll be fun. I hope you have a good time.  :)
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

Glenn Hughes plays classic Deep Purple, was there last night in Wilmington.  Here he is playing "Mistreated" and me and everyone else in the crowd was amazed a 67 year old could hit those high notes.  Hell, a 27 year old hitting them is amazing.  One of the best concerts I ever attended.
- Doug Sarnecky