Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Comments On the Late Johnny Carson?

Guest · 5 · 1671

Pilsner Panther

I'll open myself up to a firestorm of flaming by saying that I wasn't a fan... just as with his fellow 20th century TV icon Lucille Ball, I never found him very entertaining.

The best thing about Carson was that he had a lot of the old-time vaudeville and radio comics like Jack Benny and George Burns on his show. His taste in music stank, though— which is proven by the fact that the last guest to ever appear on the Carson Tonight Show was Bette Midler (a sure candidate for inclusion in Music That Sucks).

[sick]

Maybe I'm a little annoyed at Carson because the one and only time I managed to get tickets for the show (as an enthusiastic 13-year-old), he took the night off and was replaced by Joey Bishop.

[sick] [sick]

Offline triso

The best thing about Carson was that he had a lot of the old-time vaudeville and radio comics like Jack Benny and George Burns on his show....

Did he ever have the Stooges on as guests?
What does feedin' the lions got ta do wit' us?  Hmmph!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm a bit late here, but...

I was a bit too young to really check out Carson; by the time he retired I was a freshman in HS. I did cop my first feel while Carson was on the tv though.

Re: Midler, definate MTS material.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Pilsner Panther

The best thing about Carson was that he had a lot of the old-time vaudeville and radio comics like Jack Benny and George Burns on his show....

Did he ever have the Stooges on as guests?

Actually, I don't think so, but I'll farm this question out to BeAStooge or Stooge or garystooge to confirm. I'm old enough to remember the Carson show from about 1970 on, and if the Stooges (together or separately) had been guests, I'm pretty sure I would have known about it.

My late uncle was a broadcast engineer at WNEW-TV (1950's-60's) and later at WNBC (late 60's-mid 70's), and he would have told me about it, I think, if the Stooges had ever appeared on the Tonight Show, because he knew what a huge fan I was.

Offline garystooge

Actually, I don't think so, but I'll farm this question out to BeAStooge or Stooge or garystooge to confirm.

The Stooges appeared once on the Tonite Show(in 1962) but it was before Carson took over as host