Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Oldest Canadian veteran of WWI dies at age 109

· 14 · 2296

chad2411

John Babcock, among, I believe, the last 4 surviving vets of WW1 was a staggering 109 years old about the same age group that all of the stooges (except Joe Derita) were.  Man, to think if the boys would have lived that long and gave us more laughs, it would have been priceless to see if they evolved with the times or stayed the same ol stooges. [pie]

Offline metaldams

John Babcock, among, I believe, the last 4 surviving vets of WW1 was a staggering 109 years old about the same age group that all of the stooges (except Joe Derita) were.  Man, to think if the boys would have lived that long and gave us more laughs, it would have been priceless to see if they evolved with the times or stayed the same ol stooges. [pie]

Seriously, if the boys were still around, I think they'd be more interested in maintaining basic bodily functions than giving us laughs.  Moe would be what, 113?   Larry 108 and Curly a youthful 107.  Shemp would would be five years away from the dozen decade milestone.   ;D
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

Like Metal said, we pretty much got all the laughs we were going to get out of them. But it would of been nice to see them at something like a Fan Club Meeting.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

Like Metal said, we pretty much got all the laughs we were going to get out of them. But it would of been nice to see them at something like a Fan Club Meeting.

Can't argue that.

If they were still alive and let's assume healthy for the sake of conversation, I think they'd simply have to adjust to the times.  They were planning on being in an r rated movies after all, so if around today, I'm sure the biggest reality show around would be THE HOWARDS AND A FINE. 

On a less serious note, if one of the Howard brothers were incapacitated, I have just the replacement as the new Howard in the team......

- Doug Sarnecky

chad2411

Seriously, if the boys were still around, I think they'd be more interested in maintaining basic bodily functions than giving us laughs.  Moe would be what, 113?   Larry 108 and Curly a youthful 107.  Shemp would would be five years away from the dozen decade milestone.   ;D

Well, I suppose you're right, but c'mon it would be cool to meet a living legend like the Howards.  You know Moe would still be giving interviews and Larry would still be telling stories at the Old folks home even if doped up on geritol.

Offline FineBari3

I have no idea who that baseball player is, as I quit following the sport in the late 1990's.

I can say that this dude must be on steroids. He looks like a fullback, or the 'after' picture of Barry Bonds, comparing his rookie year to his last year in MLB.

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

chad2411

I have no idea who that baseball player is, as I quit following the sport in the late 1990's.

I can say that this dude must be on steroids. He looks like a fullback, or the 'after' picture of Barry Bonds, comparing his rookie year to his last year in MLB.

I'm glad you said it first, because I am no fan of baseball after the strike a few years ago. It's just no fun to watch these highly paid kids to play games anymore.  ::)

Offline metaldams

I'm glad you said it first, because I am no fan of baseball after the strike a few years ago. It's just no fun to watch these highly paid kids to play games anymore.  ::)

The baseball player is Ryan Howard.

As for baseball players being overpaid, I agree.  That said, Babe Ruth was drunken womanizer, as was Mickey Mantle.  Pete Rose a gambling womanizer.  Ty Cobb a racist.  The point being baseball's always been played by human beings, and human beings aren't perfect.  It's still a great game, no matter how much money they make or what the personal follies of the players may be.

Might as well ban all the other entertainers we like too.  I hear they're rich as well.
- Doug Sarnecky

chad2411

The baseball player is Ryan Howard.

As for baseball players being overpaid, I agree.  That said, Babe Ruth was drunken womanizer, as was Mickey Mantle.  Pete Rose a gambling womanizer.  Ty Cobb a racist.  The point being baseball's always been played by human beings, and human beings aren't perfect.  It's still a great game, no matter how much money they make or what the personal follies of the players may be.

Might as well ban all the other entertainers we like too.  I hear they're rich as well.

I guess I should have stated professional baseball that I dislike.  I can watch high school and college all day because I guess it does seem more pure and a true game.  So, yes I agree with you It's still a great game. [violent5]

chad2411

I know Moe and Larry were retired when they passed.  But, if they lived until present day and were healthy for a few more years I believe they would have made more laughs.  I would have loved to meet them myself. [stooges]

Offline Shemp_Diesel

It would be interesting, if Moe had lived a few more years, to see how the team of Howard, Sitka and Derita would be regarded by fans today.
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Larry Fine Fan

It would be interesting, if Moe had lived a few more years, to see how the team of Howard, Sitka and Derita would be regarded by fans today.

Something tells me that Howard, Sitka and Derita might have been remembered, if Moe's health was better at the time. Too bad Larry wasn't able to rejoin the act. Maybe Larry, Moe & Curly-Joe could've made some silent films with the Lenberg brothers as the directors. That would be fun to watch. Then, they'd be known as the Silent Stooges! :)

chad2411

Something tells me that Howard, Sitka and Derita might have been remembered, if Moe's health was better at the time. Too bad Larry wasn't able to rejoin the act. Maybe Larry, Moe & Curly-Joe could've made some silent films with the Lenberg brothers as the directors. That would be fun to watch. Then, they'd be known as the Silent Stooges! :)

I must admit after watching "Make em laugh", I did indeed watch the stooges on mute for the first time and without the sound effects, they weren't quite as funny.  I don't know about Silent Stooges! :o

Dog Hambone

On a less serious note, if one of the Howard brothers were incapacitated, I have just the replacement as the new Howard in the team......

I'll bet his real surname isn't Horwitz, though!