Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

SEAN PENN DROPS OUT OF STOOGES MOVIE!!!!

Offline ProfessorStooge

I too had been picturing actors to play the Stooges and had more than one possiblilty for each Stooge, although a couple of them have passed away:

Larry: Robin Williams, Steve Martin, David Paymer, Adam Sandler

Moe: Bill Murray, George Carlin (deceased), Mike Myers, Robert DeNiro

Curly: Drew Carey, Jack Black, Dan Aykroyd

Shemp: Michael Richards

Joe: Louie Anderson, Danny DeVito

Curly-Joe: Rodney Dangerfield (deceased)

jka12002

I too had been picturing actors to play the Stooges and had more than one possiblilty for each Stooge, although a couple of them have passed away:

Larry: Robin Williams, Steve Martin, David Paymer, Adam Sandler

Moe: Bill Murray, George Carlin (deceased), Mike Myers, Robert DeNiro

Curly: Drew Carey, Jack Black, Dan Aykroyd

Shemp: Michael Richards

Joe: Louie Anderson, Danny DeVito

Curly-Joe: Rodney Dangerfield (deceased)

Thats a cool list, but i dont know about Rodney being Curly-Joe. His voice would kill the part alittle

Offline ProfessorStooge

Michael Richards was the only one I could think of to play Shemp. This thought occurred to me today: I wonder if Martin Short would make a good Curly.

Offline OldFred

My thought is that Kevin James would make a good Curly. He's got the bulk and if you see him in 'Paul Blart-Mall Cop' you can see he's adept at slapstick and physical comedy. I don't think he'd be a bad choice. There's also Michael Chikliss, but he already played Curly in the Three Stooges tele-movie.

Offline stooge1029

I really dont have a problem with Jim Carrey as Curly. Its Sean Penn and Benicio DelTorro I have a problem with. Neither are comedic actors. Why not find unknowns to play one or both of them? Jim Carrey brings the star power, so the focus on casting Moe and Larry should be finding indviduals who look like them and sound like them.

Offline archiezappa

I think Amy Adams would be great as a supporting player in this movie.  She could be like Christine McIntyre.  I could totally see her in this.

Offline ProfessorStooge

I agree that Sean Penn and Benicio Del Toro are not good choices for the roles of Larry and Moe. It's been about 20 years since Penn did a comedy (Fast Times at Ridgemont High I believe, though I could be wrong). I don't think Del Toro has even appeared in a comedy film. His acting resume is mostly dramatic roles and the same thing can be said about Sean Penn.

I'm not sure if I can visualize Penn and Del Toro doing physical comedy. It would seem pretty awkward.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hey Everybody:

Go on ahead and criticize me, I do not care.  In my personal opinion, I think that all of the actours that they are choosing to play 'The Beloved Stooges' are a bunch of disgusting slobs.  I think they should scrap the entire movie.  Let the wonderfulness of 'The Stooges' remain cool.

Diane Thompson
Moron4392

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
i dont blame you for saying that.

Thank-you sir glad to see someone is on my side about this movie.  Let the Stooges rest in peace.

Thompson
Moron4392

Offline FineBari3

They are remaking and reusing everything in Hollywood.

I don't think anybody except for independent filmmakers can come up with original ideas anymroe.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

jka12002

True dat.

Before you know it we'll see a remake of Amos And Andy and Marx Brothers. With Tom Hanks as Groucho  :D

Offline archiezappa

Tom Hanks as Groucho?  That's hilarious!  They could do a remake of DaVinci Code with Tom Hanks as Groucho and he would just be wise-cracking through the whole movie!

Offline archiezappa

But, I agree.  Let them rest in peace.  Too many remakes, too little talent...

jka12002

oh wait, there was an Amos and Andy remake, i havent seen it but i assume by the title.....

Offline Smaug

True dat.

Before you know it we'll see a remake of Amos And Andy and Marx Brothers. With Tom Hanks as Groucho  :D
Watch the movie "Brain Donors", a kind of a Marx Bros.(A Night At The Opera) re-done. John Turturro was the Groucho character.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103872/
At least it wasn't vulgar.