Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Western Three Stooge shorts

Jareth · 11 · 5201

Offline Jareth

• Grapehead
  • "I'm as pretty as a picture!" "Yeah, of an ape!"
Hi, as most of you know today is Father's Day and my dad love's The Three Stooges and Western movies and i want to make a DVD for him of all the Three Stooges western shorts, if some one could tell me the names of all the Three Stooges western shorts I would be very grateful
Jareth
Jareth Wilder

Offline Waldo Twitchell

Jareth,

The stooges traveled west in a number of their shorts but the following come to mind with a prevalent Western theme. I can only think of one Curly short; the rest are with Shemp.

Phony Express
Out West
Punchy Cowpunchers
Merry Mavericks

The stooges go west (for one reason or another) in the following shorts:
Cactus Makes Perfect
The Tooth Will Out

Also, don't forget the feature Gold Raiders, again with Shemp.

I'm sure I missed some, but I hope this helps. That's a very cool idea for Father's Day.

-Waldo Twitchell

Offline Jareth

• Grapehead
  • "I'm as pretty as a picture!" "Yeah, of an ape!"
Jareth,

The stooges traveled west in a number of their shorts but the following come to mind with a prevalent Western theme. I can only think of one Curly short; the rest are with Shemp.

Phony Express
Out West
Punchy Cowpunchers
Merry Mavericks

The stooges go west (for one reason or another) in the following shorts:
Cactus Makes Perfect
The Tooth Will Out

Also, don't forget the feature Gold Raiders, again with Shemp.

I'm sure I missed some, but I hope this helps. That's a very cool idea for Father's Day.

-Waldo Twitchell
That helps a lot Waldo Twitchell thanks

Jareth
Jareth Wilder

Offline Wilson7777

There's a bunch more "Western type" or time-period shorts.

Three Troubledoers (1946)
Horses' Collars (1935)
Pals and Gals (1954) which is a reworking of Out West
and Goofs and Saddles (1937)

===========
Wilson7777

Offline goofontheroof

Wouldnt 'Yes, we have bonanza' be considered as having a western feel to it?

I wouldnt know - I live in Australia  ;D

Offline Wilson7777

Yeah, that's true, I thought it might be of a post-western era, because Dick Curtis is driving a car at the end of the episode, so it isn't during the 1800's, but it does have a western feel to it.
===========
Wilson7777

Offline McSnuff20

What about Whoops I'm an Indian after all there's a sheriff and a Lobo jail as well as they start off as grifters in a saloon drressed like Daniel Boones. This is one of my favorite shorts. Especially when Curly dresses like a "fat Indian squaw." "These Indians are either drunk or crazy."

Offline Dr. Belch

The Western shorts were some of my favorites because of the "drink-mixing" gag, which involved pouring often noxious combinations of liquids into an old boot and shaking it. In one Larry pours paint into the boot, and Moe gets onto him for it...so he pours something else from another can in on top of it. Moe asks him what that was. "Paint thinner!" Larry grins.  [slap]

The gag continues when Larry--told the trick drink is for the bad guy and the real one is for Shemp--gets mixed up and slips Shemp the glass with the paint, the paint thinner, and whatever else nasty things got into the mix i nit. Now I'll be damned if I can remember the name of the short--does anyone know? And was this bit ever recycled in a cheapie remake?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Now I'll be damned if I can remember the name of the short--does anyone know? And was this bit ever recycled in a cheapie remake?

OUT WEST (1947)

PALS AND GALS (1954)

Dog Hambone

Yeah, that's true, I thought it might be of a post-western era, because Dick Curtis is driving a car at the end of the episode, so it isn't during the 1800's, but it does have a western feel to it.

I would call it a western; just because it has a car in it doesn't mean it should be in some other genre. I remember Roy Rogers' sidekick, Pat Brady, driving a jeep he named Nelly Belle, & we would certainly call those westerns. And I also recall seeing numerous western themed movies that had some type of motorized vehicle in them.   

Offline ProfessorStooge

There were a total of 14 Western Stooge shorts:

Horses' Collars
Whoops, I'm an Indian!
Goofs and Saddles
Yes, We Have No Bonanza
Rockin' Thru the Rockies
Cactus Makes Perfect
Phony Express
The Three Troubledoers
Out West
Punchy Cowpunchers