Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Penn back in?

· 17 · 3697

xraffle

Forgive me if this angers people, but who cares about this movie? I'm tired already. Penn drops out! Penn back on. Carrey drops out. Carrey's back in. Frankly, I've had enough of this movie and to be honest, if filming hasn't even started by now, I don't think it ever will. Keep in mind that this movie was initially supposed to be released in theaters in 2004. It's now 2010.

Anway that's just how I feel and I apologize to all those who look forward to this movie. Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Frankly, your post sums up my own attitude pretty well.  As long as the Farrelly brothers are involved in the project I want nothing to do with it; I'm afraid my blood pressure wouldn't stand seeing the Stooges reduced to toilet humor.   >:(

chad2411

I hear ya!  The offense is the Farelly brothers period.  I do agree this is going to turn out to be a catastrophe to the Stooges reputation.  And unfortunately everyone will remember the Three Stooges as the Farelly's version.  Happens everytime, for instance "The Dukes of Hazard", most young people remember them as these two bozo's from American pie and Jackass..

xraffle

I am no expert XRAFFLE, LOL,  but I did notice this writeup on moviefone

LOL! Even if you didn't say that, I wouldn't have been fooled. The confusion on the other thread was because of this sentence that stradivarius posted: "I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but Sony Home Video Entertainment is still pondering as of now." Saying that with no link to back up such a claim gave me the impression that he was a Sony rep. It sounded as though he was passing on a message from Sony. I never used to be this gullible, but in the past when I doubted stuff like this, I got in trouble. Like the time I doubted S&C. And more experts have joined since then, so I've become even more gullible now.  ;D

Offline curlysdame

Forgive me if this angers people, but who cares about this movie? I'm tired already. Penn drops out! Penn back on. Carrey drops out. Carrey's back in. Frankly, I've had enough of this movie and to be honest, if filming hasn't even started by now, I don't think it ever will. Keep in mind that this movie was initially supposed to be released in theaters in 2004. It's now 2010.

Me, too, X.  I'm exhausted hearing about all this back and forth going on.  I couldn't care less at this point.  Personally, I think it's kinda funny that Carrey packed on 40 lbs to play Curly, and there's still no shooting dates in site.  I remember the first time I heard about this project, on the C3 website: March 2003.  The horse died 6 years ago, guys.  Enough already.   [deadhorse]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline archiezappa

I've always thought that too much announcing can really spoil a project.  We may just love a new 3 Stooges movie, but seeing is believing.  I wish they'd quit talking about it and do something.  Who's in?  Who's out?  Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Give me a release date or shut up!

ThumpTheShoes

In all honesty, I'd prefer to pay full admission price to see just one of the Stooges' 3-d shorts projected properly! Maybe if the new movie was produced in 3-d this could happen.

Imagine, pies flying at you from the original shorts, and then.. poop flying at you in the new movie! What an experience!

Rolls eyes.
 ::)

Offline stooge1029

The Ferrellys havent released a good movie since  theres Something About Mary..and even that movie doesnt really hold up over time. Anyone remember Stuck on you or Say it Isnt so....not funny just stupid. Gross out humor can be funny but it has to be done right...the Ferrellys are just lazy about it and the stooges reputations will suffer from this movie being made.

chad2411

IMO, Ben Stiller completed that movie "Theres something about Mary".  I hadn't really seen him in much until then if anything at all.  I think he has a great comedic act that just makes you have to laugh, everything from "A night at the museum" to "Starsky and Hutch".

Offline locoboymakesgood

The Ferrellys havent released a good movie since  theres Something About Mary..and even that movie doesnt really hold up over time. Anyone remember Stuck on you or Say it Isnt so....not funny just stupid. Gross out humor can be funny but it has to be done right...the Ferrellys are just lazy about it and the stooges reputations will suffer from this movie being made.
I think Something About Mary holds up quite well. The Farrally's last good movie was Me, Myself & Irene. Nothing since then has come close to their 90s hey-day.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline stooge1029

I forgot about Me Myself and Irene that was a good one. The Ferrellys and Jim Carrey do make a good match I just dont see this one working

Offline Apple Skin on Inside

The movie will be great and true to the Stooges. :police:
For Duty and Humanity
We All Put the Yeast In

Offline luke795

Offline ProfessorStooge

The Farrellys were indeed the guys who gave us Dumb and Dumber. If you watch the opening credits, there are some intentional typos, such as "Prodoosed" instead of "Produced".

Offline archiezappa

Offline ProfessorStooge

I hope filming commences soon. The Farrellys have had the idea for a Stooge feature film since the late 90's.