Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Any Stooge gifts this holiday?

Offline metaldams

Hope you all had a Happy Holiday.  Mine kind of sucked because I'm sick, and I was literally a zombie Christmas Eve (which is also my birthday), and Christmas day.  I know I'll be fine just in time for work on Tuesday.  I hope you guys were better for Christmas.

Anywho, just want to see if you guys got anything Stooge related.  Very surprisingly, my parents bought me THE THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK.  It's surprising that I didn't own it until now because while I wouldn't consider myself a completist beyond the shorts, I still have a decent amount of Stooge books and never got around to that one.  It's also surprising that I never asked for it and my parents just happened to pick out a book I don't own.  Very cool, and I'll be scouring through it soon.

How did you guys make out?
- Doug Sarnecky

ThumpTheShoes

Just some records:
The Nonsense Songbook (Coral, mono and stereo versions)
The Three Stooges Sing for Kids (Vocalion)
The Three Stooges Come To Your House and Make A Record (Yellow 78)
Stooges Sing 6 Happy Yuletide Songs (45, both the 5 and six-song versions)
Snow White and the Three Stooges (Americom, 8mm soundpage)
Story of the Magic Lamp (Peter Pan 45)
and, this one:

"Have rocket (rocketrocketrocketrocketrocket),
 will travel (traveltraveltraveltraveltravel)"

chad2411

Well, my wife had fun on EBAY..  Even though she hates the stooges (too violent) (Whaaaaaa!) she did manage to pick up a few cool items.

The only one I really care for is The three stooges December 1971 comic book.
Also a few 1million dollar bills with the stooge pics, a tin for the wall, a Curly Tshirt, and a few ancient vhs tapes that I already have.   All in all she spent about 35$ on stooges and then a bunch of other crap, but I love her and she did good.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:29:41 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline falsealarms

I got:

SOUP TO NUTS DVD.... Had been meaning to see it for a long time, but never got around to it. Now I will.

2009 CARLTON CARDS SINGING STOOGES ORNAMENT... Features Moe, Larry and Curly Joe singing WRECK THE HALLS

COLUMBIA COMEDY SHORTS ... The Watz/Okuda bible on the Columbia Shorts department.

Offline OldFred

I'm getting Vol. 7 of the Three Stooges collections. My friend wasn't able to get it to me before Christmas, but we'll see each other by Monday and I'll get it then. Looking forward to seeing the 3D shorts.  ;D

Offline falsealarms

By the way, SOUP TO NUTS was surprisingly excellent. Their best Healy-era work. I have a fuller review on the episode page.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I got the 2010 three stooges calender :) I love it! All year with the stooges !  [3stooges]

Offline FineBari3

I didn't get any Stooge-related items, but I am glad. I have to pretend to be happy when I get yet another copy of the public domain shorts.

I did however, get a too-cool fuzzy blanket with the cover of KISS' Destroyer album from my Mom!  [headbang]

(I'm not that into KISS now, but it still is a cool gift!)
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline FineBari3

Hope you all had a Happy Holiday.  Mine kind of sucked because I'm sick, and I was literally a zombie Christmas Eve (which is also my birthday), and Christmas day.  I know I'll be fine just in time for work on Tuesday.  I hope you guys were better for Christmas.

That blows! I hope you are feeling better and can go and pig out on some good food somewhere!

If you lived  in my town, you may fit in as a zombie; I live in Evans City, PA...where the original Night of the Living Dead was filmed!  [skull]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline busybuddy

I bought my dad "Stooges Among Us," ""Stoogeology," the 2010 Stooges calendar, and we bought my niece "Snow White and the Three Stooges" because she loves it more than the real Snow White film lol.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline metaldams

That blows! I hope you are feeling better and can go and pig out on some good food somewhere!

If you lived  in my town, you may fit in as a zombie; I live in Evans City, PA...where the original Night of the Living Dead was filmed!  [skull]

I used to know a guy who's parents were zombies in DAWN OF THE DEAD.  Seriously.  Also, an ex-girlfriend of mine lives in Scranton, PA., and she met the guy who plays the priest in THE EXORCIST.  He happens to be from Scranton, and was an alcoholic who died several years ago.  She saw him at a bar, drunk, shortly before his death.

How out of it was I on Christmas Eve?  The first person I bought a present for was my brother, this was several weeks ago.  I got him the 2007 Red Sox World Series DVD.  When it came time to wrap my presents that day, I completely forgot I bought him the DVD set, so I rushed out and spent $50 on Borders gift cards!  When we were opening gifts that night, I finally remembered I bought him that Red Sox set.  Like I said, I was out of it!  I'll be going to a doctor tomorrow since his office wasn't open all weekend, though I'm doing relatively better now.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

By the way, SOUP TO NUTS was surprisingly excellent. Their best Healy-era work. I have a fuller review on the episode page.

It's been several years since I've seen SOUP TO NUTS, but from what I remember, it was easily the most enjoyable Healy era Stooge film.  I'll have to pick up a copy soon.  I still remember Larry's "elevator dance!"
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Larry Fine Fan

I received two Stooge gifts: Shemp Cocktail (DVD), and a 2010 stand up Calendar. I bought myself "Stooges Among Us" and "One Fine Stooge" a month ago, so I'll count those as gifts, too.

I'm jealous that ThumbTheShoes received Stooge records! Have fun listening to them!

Offline stooge1029

I got volume 7 for christmas...3d stooges and coocoo on a choo choo are my highlights.

Offline Larry Fine Fan

I received Vol. 7, too!

Cookoo was...okay. It was nice seeing Larry being the main actor for once. I like Knutzy Knights, Musky Musketeers, Shot in the Frontier (2D version), and Shot in the Frontier.

Offline Justin T

No Stooge stuff for me this year, I got plenty last year. The new DVD's were enough for now.

Glad your starting to feel better Metaldams.

Glad you enjoyed Soup To Nuts False, that and Myrt and Marge are the stuff ive most enjoyed
of the Healy era oustide of some of the shorts.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline ProfessorStooge

I got the 2010 Stooge calendar and the 3 Joker Poker tin sign for Christmas. My birthday is less than 2 months away and I have to search the new catalogue for gift ideas.

Offline falsealarms

No Stooge stuff for me this year, I got plenty last year. The new DVD's were enough for now.

Glad your starting to feel better Metaldams.

Glad you enjoyed Soup To Nuts False, that and Myrt and Marge are the stuff ive most enjoyed
of the Healy era oustide of some of the shorts.

I'm with you on those two films being the best of the Healy-era though BEER AND PRETZELS deserves consideration.

Offline Justin T

I'm with you on those two films being the best of the Healy-era though BEER AND PRETZELS deserves consideration.

Yes, that short and Plane Nuts are the best of the Healy and the Stooges shorts while at MGM IMO.
Pretzels is quite funny and I enjoy Nuts for seeing what their vaudville act would have been like on
stage.

Oh, the stuff they do in Meet The Baron is enjoyable also. But they dont have alot of screen time.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline StoogeTrio

I received a Three Stooges T shirt, both calendars (wall and desk) and four Stooge house keys, unfortunately they are for Schlage locks and I have a Qwikset but they are nice to have anyway.  You have to love a Stooge Christmas!

Offline 2reelers

My girlfriend's dad gave me a few Gold Key Stooges comics. One is the adaptation of THE THREE STOOGES GO AROUND THE WORLD IN A DAZE and is in absolutely mint condition. I have a handful of Stooge comics put away and the ones he got me just happened to be issues not in my collection. It was a nice, unexpected surprise.

My girlfriend was just happy it was something Stooge-ish that we didn't have to watch  [pie]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:24:23 PM by BeAStooge »

xraffle