Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Collection, Volume 8

Offline Lefty

Poissonally, I would prefer the last 16 Shemps and the last 16 Joes on the same collection.  After all, there were only 2 new Shemp shows in that group, which wouldn't go over great with casual fans, nor would Joe by himself.  As the Gin of Rummy said, "We shall see, but we shall see!"

Offline ProfessorStooge

I wonder what color the slip cover of Volume 8 will be. Here is what we have seen so far:

Volume 1: Red
Volume 2: Blue
Volume 3: Green
Volume 4: Purple
Volume 5: Gold
Volume 6: Turquoise
Volume 7: Orange

Offline falsealarms

Offline stradivarius

I've been thinking about the same thing. I know I already said out those colored sides of the box volumes. I just hope it's a color that is one of colors you can change the text to your computer's "WordPad". Please note that turquoise for volume 6 and orange for volume 7 aren't colors in WordPad. I, myself, managed to find Teal for volume 6, since it's closest to turquoise, but I couldn't find a subsitute color for orange for volume 7. If Volume 8 does get announced soon, I'm probably voting for silver.

Offline Paul Allen

falsealarms and stradivarius, Wow! The three of us are thinking pretty much the same for Volume 8!

I was seriously thinking about a white box with black print complimented with silver. [cool]

Paul Allen

Offline ProfessorStooge

I have been thinking about how the remaining 32 shorts would be arranged on the discs. Here is what I had in mind:

For a 3-disc set:

Disc 1: All 8 shorts from 1955 plus the first 4 shorts from 1956

Disc 2: The final 4 shorts from 1956 and all 8 shorts from 1957

Disc 3: All the shorts from 1958 and 1959

For a 4-disc set:

Disc 1: All 1955 shorts

Disc 2: All 1956 shorts

Disc 3: All 1957 shorts

Disc 4: All the shorts from 1958 and 1959

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
A 3 disc set makes the most sense.  Why incur the extra cost of an additional disc when you don't really need the space?

Offline lamocu

Whatever the color,I want this volume released already!  :laugh: Never in my wildest dreams as a child could I ever imaginethat I could ever have the entire Three Stooges shorts library at my disposal whenever I wished!

[pie]

Offline ProfessorStooge

Once these final shorts make it to DVD, the Curly-Joe films will be next. We would all like to see those films in a boxed set. The only exception would be Snow White and the Three Stooges, which was released by 20th Century Fox and therefore not owned by Sony.

Offline Paul Allen

ProfessorStooge,  What would be the purpose of having the 1960s Curly Joe films in a boxed set?  They've already been released individually by Columbia/Sony Pictures.  Most of us Stooge fans have them, so what would be the reason for us to repurchase them?

Even though it's not a very good movie, a DVD release for "Have Rocket, Will Travel" would be nice, especially for completists.

Offline Stooges#1

What would be the purpose of having the 1960s Curly Joe films in a boxed set?  They've already been released individually by Columbia/Sony Pictures.  Most of us Stooge fans have them, so what would be the reason for us to repurchase them?

Are the films already on dvd restored though? It is nice to have all 190 shorts restored, but a shame if the films aren't.

Offline falsealarms

Mike Schlesinger from Sony on the solo shorts and HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL: "They're in the planning stage, but nothing concrete yet."

xraffle

False- Just curious. What site did you get Mike's statement from? Is it from HomeTheaterForum.com?

Offline falsealarms

False- Just curious. What site did you get Mike's statement from? Is it from HomeTheaterForum.com?

I e-mailed him on 1/7 and received a response tonight.

Offline archiezappa

Any of these ideas will work for the releases.  Just as long as we eventually get all of the films, that will be all right.  However, I'm wondering about the previous DVD releases of the feature films.  Do those DVD's have the films in widescreen?  That's an important factor, considering that some of the shorts are in their widescreen versions on these new sets.  So, if we're gonna get the correct aspect ratio, we would need new releases of all of the feature films.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing some of their other appearances (i.e. "Rockin' In The Rockies") on DVD.  Well, I can wish, can't I?

Offline Paul Allen

Hey SONY!! 
All of us are ready for Volume 8, 1955 - whatever!  Please bring it on!!

Thank You!!! - Paul Allen

Offline stradivarius

Yes, Sony... Whatever you have in store for Volume 8 of the Three Stooges Collection, please reveal what the following will have:

The number of DVDs...
1955-195?...
The color of the edge of its box...

We at this board wish to have the info as soon as possible.

Offline metaldams

C'mon guys, patience.  Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was Syracuse.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Stooges#1

Oklahoma City was though.  ;D

From what we've heard volume 8 should come out mid year which is only 4 months away, so if that holds true then we could get an announcement next month. I know its been said before but i truely hope we get the rest of the series in volume 8 and its not drawn out for another volume. Really there is no need to go beyond volume 8.

xraffle

Yes, patience guys! Just keep checking Wikipedia on a daily basis for any updates and you should be good to go.  :laugh:

Offline stooge1029

Im from Syracuse and I always wondered if Shemp was taking a jab at my hometown when he said this. I guess he could have been refering to Syracuse, Italy though.

Offline metaldams

Im from Syracuse and I always wondered if Shemp was taking a jab at my hometown when he said this. I guess he could have been refering to Syracuse, Italy though.

I think it's just Shemp's way of saying Syracuse is significantly smaller than Rome, and even THAT takes time to create.  Syracuse is just such a random place to mention, and that's why the joke is funny to me.  The Syracuse line is by far the Stooge line I use the most in my conversations.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Stooge fans are frothing for volume 8 & all the wonders that'll come with it--the back of Joe Palma's head, digitally remastered no less. No wonder we stoogeheads are dripping with anticipation.

Bring it on Sony.

:D

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.