Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Plane Nuts - Parts 1 & 2

Offline ArPharazon

Just got these uploaded to youtube (so friggin' slow)

Plane Nuts - Part 1
[youtube=425,350]_KllQDmjtss[/youtube]

Plane Nuts - Part 2
[youtube=425,350]4DnRVr6-eus[/youtube]

I planned to edit out the musical numbers and post just Ted & the boys, but it was still over 13 minutes that way, so I just cut the whole thing into 2 parts.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:48:42 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline Rich Finegan

I planned to edit out the musical numbers and post just Ted & the boys, but it was still over 13 minutes that way, so I just cut the whole thing into 2 parts.

Thanks for not cutting out the musical numbers! Always loved them!
Wonderful catchy songs by the great songwriters Jimmy McHugh & Dorothy Fields.
Choreography by Busby Berkeley.
Beautiful chorus girls.
Music played by the great Gus Arnheim's band.
Those two numbers are as fine visual and audio entertainment as Ted & The Stooges are for comedy. All ingredients for a great short!

The original MGM feature the production numbers are taken from, FLYING HIGH (1931) is also good fun, especially for Bert Lahr fans. Even though I've had it on video for years I just ordered the DVD from Warner Archives (taking advantage of a sale on musicals) and it just arrived yesterday.

I also collect 78 RPM records of early-talkie movie songs, and although they've proven to be quite rare, I've found a couple 78's of the two songs in this short. Unfortunately Gus Arnheim's Orchestra didn't record them for record.

Offline falsealarms

Nice upload. My copy of this (from THE EARLY YEARS DVD) is kinda warped. I should look into getting a better copy on one of those Warner releases.

Offline JazzBill

Nice upload. My copy of this (from THE EARLY YEARS DVD) is kinda warped. I should look into getting a better copy on one of those Warner releases.
It's on " The Three Stooges Chronicles ", along with Beer & Pretzels and Nertsery Rhymes . I just recieved the DVD Dancing Lady, that I bought off Amazon for $1.98. ( It cost more for shipping. ) It has Plane Nuts and the Curly solo Roast Beef & Movies on it also.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline falsealarms

It's on " The Three Stooges Chronicles ", along with Beer & Pretzels and Nertsery Rhymes . I just recieved the DVD Dancing Lady, that I bought off Amazon for $1.98. ( It cost more for shipping. ) It has Plane Nuts and the Curly solo Roast Beef & Movies on it also.

If you've had time to see it, what did you think of DANCING LADY?

Offline JazzBill

If you've had time to see it, what did you think of DANCING LADY?
I didn't care for it , it's pretty predictable. But that doesn't really matter much. For $1.98 and postage, how can you go wrong ?
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline ArPharazon

By description "Chronicles" sounds about the same quality level as the 3 Platinum Video collections I have, which is where I have the MGM shorts, plus some of the 60's animated episodes and a couple Shemp shorts.  This copy of Plane Nuts came off my Dancing Lady DVD, so when I put up the other shorts, they'll be somewhat lower quality.

I too am hoping for the MGM shorts to be cleaned up similar to the Sony ones.  I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

Any chance of badgering Warner (?) into doing these?

FYI, these 2 I posted are available in HQ now on youtube.