Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Now HERE'S A Philosophy We Can All Get Behind!

Offline middlenamewayne

I dunno if this is an "original" or not, but a poster called "Lyon's Gate" issued the following statement over at www.neilinnes.com recently:

"Ah, would not the world be a better place if there were only Three Commandments and Ten Stooges?"

Whoever first said it, it's a masterpiece!

- mnw

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Coming up with four more names for the extra Stooges is the challenge, though. The Marx Brothers have been given a plethora of alternative performer names such as Yuppo, Beano, Crummo, etc.

I'll have to spend the day considering what names would best represent the Stooge lore.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline metaldams

Coming up with four more names for the extra Stooges is the challenge, though. The Marx Brothers have been given a plethora of alternative performer names such as Yuppo, Beano, Crummo, etc.

I'll have to spend the day considering what names would best represent the Stooge lore.

Larry-Joe
Joe-Joe
Just Plain Joseph
- Doug Sarnecky

Larry-Moe
Moe-Joe
Curly-Moe

And then, of course, there's "Harry," which Moe was billed under for "Soup To Nuts" and Emil was going to use in "Blazing Stewardesses."
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline FineBari3

Mister Moe-Joe Rising!

- mnw

Mojo Jojo , if you are a Powerpuff Girls fan!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Moe Thanafeeling   ::)
Shemporary   [pie]
Curly Up   :-[
Emiliorate    ???

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Now for some "sorta kinda" realistic names.

7.) EMIL - Does anyone know what name Emil would have adopted if he had become our next beloved "third" stooge? Moe, of course, promised to cast him as the third stooge in future episodes of our boys, but Moe died before anything could come of it. I dunno if Moe would have liked calling him "Emil", much like Babe/Jerry/Jerome got called "Curly" for the camera. Would he have been called "Larry"? The vanishingly small poster shots of him, Moe, and Curly-Joe do show him with "weird" hair.

8.) MOE - Let's assume that Moe dies next. (Since Curly-Joe lives until 1993, Emil lives until 1998, and Moe died in 1975)
We have whatever name Emil has adopted, and the roly-poly Curly-Joe, now we need to graft a dominant "MOE" character into the mix. Regardless of who or how the actor mirrors/mimics Moe's characteristics on camera, I think he MUST adopt the name MOE. The only reason to give him another name would be to allow Emil Sitka or Joe Derita to become the next "Moe" character. Insert an actor with the will to imitate Moe, and voila!

(9 & 10.) Who cares!! After Moe is dead, the Three Stooges legacy evaporated. (IMHO)
Although, the requirement was for Three Commandments and Ten Stooges, so ...

As far as the three commandments, please refer to George Carlin's exposition on the ten commandments. (He cut it down to only two, so add and innocuous one for comfort)

9.) Chrissy - The implanted Moe character goes, and I wanna say Joe - Joe Besser returns! (just like Shemp!) but that would not be the "ninth" Stooge, only Joe number 5 coming back. We need a female Stooge member by now, its the '80's!

10.) Dopey - Okay, now Chrissy gets a huge movie contract (to mimic her huge breasts) and leaves our boys. (Remember - Emil and Curly-Joe?) So, after losing the boobs, go for the boob.

Offline middlenamewayne

Does anyone know what name Emil would have adopted if he had become our next beloved "third" stooge? Moe, of course, promised to cast him as the third stooge in future episodes of our boys, but Moe died before anything could come of it. I dunno if Moe would have liked calling him "Emil", much like Babe/Jerry/Jerome got called "Curly" for the camera. Would he have been called "Larry"? The vanishingly small poster shots of him, Moe, and Curly-Joe do show him with "weird" hair.

As your last word implies, he was to be called "Harry" (or was it "hair-y"?)

I for one wish it had happened! At the very least it would mean one less "fill-um" appearance by the Ritz Brothers -- cheese & crackers, what a bad act!

- mnw

PS: Calling all Texans (clapclapclapclap) to check out my latest post!